1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Slow Mouse Scroll

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Joeychgo, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Well-Known Member

I'm sure someone has mentioned this but I couldn't find anything...

Sometimes, on threads in various XF forums, my mouse scroll up and down the page is retarded -- (as in slow)

This seems to happen only in threads, not on forum home or anything like that. Its happened not only on my own sites, but TAZ and even XF here.

Help?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If it happens here on xenforo.com then it's probably something client side. Try a different browser / computer to isolate the problem.

Amaury likes this.
  3. Joeychgo

I'm thinking it has something to do with the quick reply box.....

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

No issues here.

5. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Does it happen here though?

Edit: I see you already mentioned here too..

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  6. Glockie

Glockie Well-Known Member

I get issues with this too, most of all quick reply.
    Not helping to the OP but worth noting this isn't strictly isolated. :)

7. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

What browsers are you guys using? May be worth disabling any extensions you may have running in the browser.

8. Glockie

Firefox here, most add-ons disabled now. I too made a thread about this some time back and I never really got to the bottom of it.
    I notice it happens to some of our members when they quick reply or quote - the quotes are often broken and with the start of their reply at the top of the quote - leading to suggest the quote/quick reply could have issues.
    Anyway not really my thread etc, just wanted to say - same things happen here. :)

9. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

As mentioned, I am having no issues, and I'm using Chrome.

Glockie, give Chrome or another browser a try and see if the issue persists.

Glockie likes this.
  10. Joeychgo

IE here

11. ŽivaAkcija

ŽivaAkcija Well-Known Member

why you use IE?

12. Robru

Robru Active Member

Why not?
    We're not all so silly to use FF, Opera, Safari or Chrome!
    A forum should be compatible with all versions of browsers, if no requirements are set by the forum creators.

13. ŽivaAkcija

ŽivaAkcija Well-Known Member

just becouse IE is a worst browser ever.

CarpCharacin likes this.
  14. Robru

Robru Active Member

Absolutely no problems with Edge of IE11 I use now.

15. Joeychgo

Because many of my members use IE. I think I should see things how they see them. Not to mention I have been using IE for something like 15 years and am very familiar with it.

I also use chrome and safari.

16. Joeychgo

Seems like its not just me.

Glockie likes this.
  17. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The only idea that comes to mind is embedded content like youtube videos. My posts in this thread have some revised youtube code to prevent initial slowness when loading a thread with youtube videos:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/disable-embedded-videos.75710/

Your problem might not necessarily be youtube videos, but it could be a similar problem caused by other embedded content in a thread.

Glockie likes this.
  18. Glockie

Yes you may have a very valid point there..
    For us, (I'm not alone on our site with this) it affects quick reply also.
    For example I will show what happens by quoting your post again, with my reply and what happens on our site;
    =====

Yes you may
    have a very valid point there..
    =====

Mouse scrolling is also an issue and I am up to date with everything and run a pretty high end dedicated server which is optimised then by @MattW
    Doesn't happen all the time, but it is frequent.

I certainly do not want to hijack @Joeychgo thread, but am adding/contributing to it with similar issues, that I have raised before.
    Last time it was noted that Firebug could trigger it, so that's disabled as are most add-ons I used to use. But now, it happens again every so often still.
    Sorry to add so much on someone else's thread, just wanted to share that I too have the same issue and I wanted to try and highlight it.
    Best wishes
    Glock

19. Joeychgo

Your not - feel free- we seem to have a similar issue.
    I'm not so sure.

It seems to be only happening on threads when they have the post or page extension to the url. IE
    https://xenforo.com/community/threads/slow-mouse-scroll.120739/#post-1098052

OR -

Possibly after a reply is made ---

Glockie likes this.
  20. Joeychgo