XF 1.5 Slow Mouse Scroll

Joeychgo

I'm sure someone has mentioned this but I couldn't find anything...

Sometimes, on threads in various XF forums, my mouse scroll up and down the page is retarded -- (as in slow)

This seems to happen only in threads, not on forum home or anything like that. Its happened not only on my own sites, but TAZ and even XF here.

Help?

What browsers are you guys using? May be worth disabling any extensions you may have running in the browser.
Firefox here, most add-ons disabled now. I too made a thread about this some time back and I never really got to the bottom of it.
I notice it happens to some of our members when they quick reply or quote - the quotes are often broken and with the start of their reply at the top of the quote - leading to suggest the quote/quick reply could have issues.
Anyway not really my thread etc, just wanted to say - same things happen here. :)

If it happens here on xenforo.com then it's probably something client side. Try a different browser / computer to isolate the problem.
Firefox here, most add-ons disabled now. I too made a thread about this some time back and I never really got to the bottom of it.
I notice it happens to some of our members when they quick reply or quote - the quotes are often broken and with the start of their reply at the top of the quote - leading to suggest the quote/quick reply could have issues.
Anyway not really my thread etc, just wanted to say - same things happen here

Seems like its not just me.

The only idea that comes to mind is embedded content like youtube videos. My posts in this thread have some revised youtube code to prevent initial slowness when loading a thread with youtube videos:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/disable-embedded-videos.75710/

Your problem might not necessarily be youtube videos, but it could be a similar problem caused by other embedded content in a thread.
Yes you may have a very valid point there..
For us, (I'm not alone on our site with this) it affects quick reply also.
For example I will show what happens by quoting your post again, with my reply and what happens on our site;
=====

Yes you may
The only idea that comes to mind is embedded content like youtube videos. My posts in this thread have some revised youtube code to prevent initial slowness when loading a thread with youtube videos:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/disable-embedded-videos.75710/

Your problem might not necessarily be youtube videos, but it could be a similar problem caused by other embedded content in a thread.
have a very valid point there..
=====

Mouse scrolling is also an issue and I am up to date with everything and run a pretty high end dedicated server which is optimised then by @MattW
Doesn't happen all the time, but it is frequent.

I certainly do not want to hijack @Joeychgo thread, but am adding/contributing to it with similar issues, that I have raised before.
Last time it was noted that Firebug could trigger it, so that's disabled as are most add-ons I used to use. But now, it happens again every so often still.
Sorry to add so much on someone else's thread, just wanted to share that I too have the same issue and I wanted to try and highlight it.
Best wishes
Glock

I certainly do not want to hijack @Joeychgo thread, but am adding/contributing to it with similar issues, that I have raised before.
Your not - feel free- we seem to have a similar issue.

I'm not so sure.

It seems to be only happening on threads when they have the post or page extension to the url. IE
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/slow-mouse-scroll.120739/#post-1098052

OR -

Possibly after a reply is made ---

Top Bottom