XF 1.0 Slow Installation

Oblivion Knight

I've recently moved host after having downtime problems, I narrowed it down to exceeding a limit of maximum concurrent mysql connections, even though we have minimal traffic on a newly starting community.

However, things still aren't running as smooth as I'd like. Occasionally pages are taking much too long to load. I've enabled debug mode to try and work out what's wrong, and initially thought it was a bad query in an add-on.. With the add-on disabled (as well as Twitter and Facebook integration) things are better, but not perfect.

I've just recorded this result on the forum index;
Code:
SELECT data_key, data_value
FROM xf_data_registry
WHERE data_key IN ('options', 'languages', 'contentTypes', 'codeEventListeners', 'cron', 'simpleCache', 'routesPublic', 'nodeTypes', 'bannedIps', 'discouragedIps', 'styles', 'displayStyles', 'smilies', 'bbCode', 'trophyUserTitles', 'reportCounts', 'moderationCounts')
Run Time: 10.951694
Which looks like a stock query.

I'm on a shared hosting package, but we're still not personally seeing any kind of traffic. Surely I shouldn't be having this headache so early on? I've been running 1.0.2, and am just now upgrading to 1.0.4 to see if there's any improvement on things..

Is there anything I can do? Or should I look to move host again? I'm currently with Pixel Internet (Business Plan).

Did you also switch off Google+?

I really do not see why you should have a bad experience, unless the server your site is hosted on is just suffereing because of other sites running on it.

You really need to talk to your host - that is a very simple select query. It should generally be pulling data from memory (or at least a cache of some sort). 10 seconds for that is unacceptable, IMO. (For reference, my local dev machine serves it up in about .0015 seconds.) It seems to imply that the server itself is heavily loaded.

I've been on 1.0.2, so didn't even have Google+ ;)

I've also used Microsoft CDN for the jQuery stuff which also helped a little..

I have to admit that I do not quite remember when it was introduced. I just know it has an impact on performance.

If you're looking for a host, I can highly recommended nimbushostig.co.uk :)

This is my support ticket discussion with Pixel Internet thus far.

They seem to believe that I'm once again exceeding 25 simultaneous connections, even though my community currently only has 22 members in total, and minimal activity (yeah, it's been a difficult launch).

I'm at a loss quite honestly.. If I'm having these problems now, I dread to think what a headache I'd have with an active community.. :cautious:

Attachments

Another example result in a node index;
Code:
UPDATE `xf_session` SET `expiry_date` = ? WHERE (session_id = 'f03c641642fd5888f6aab40de0306daa')
Params: 1319735022
Run Time: 6.407994

I had the same issues on [company name redacted] servers. Even though I have a small community I was getting nothing but time-outs & stuff like that. Every time I opened a ticket they told me I had to upgrade.

I did. To a new host. There are too many cheap hosts to stick with one you don't like.

They've been able to replicate the issue, but noted that on the delayed load it ran 48 queries and afterwards ran just 13. This was on XenPorta and not stock, but similar has happened elsewhere.

I've noticed this previously, did a search here and saw this post. Support have asked "Does the software do something on a schedule, or something after a certain number of pages loaded?" - I've linked them to the above mentioned post, but is there anything further to reply? :D

I think at this point you just need to consider changing hosts.

I'm on shared hosting and have anywhere up to 200 visitors online with no issues at all.

Top Bottom