Slow(er) loading

h0us3cat

I moved my apache server to a other (faster) server and with the debug mode enabled the timing i get are 10 times slower then on my old server, I already tried to move from the apache handler to mod_fcgid.so but that makes no different. If i open the timings page the timings look fine pastebin for this. The server has no connection problems. I think it only happens when php files are used. Anyone has a idea why this is happening?

I moved my apache server to a other (faster) server and with the debug mode enabled the timing i get are 10 times slower then on my old server, I already tried to move from the apache handler to mod_fcgid.so but that makes no different. If i open the timings page the timings look fine pastebin for this. The server has no connection problems. I think it only happens when php files are used. Anyone has a idea why this is happening?

"Faster" how? More memory, better proccessor? "Faster" can be slower if it is poorly configured.

1. Queries (20, time: 0.0049s, 0.4%)
Looks fast enough to me?

I think your worrying over nothing realy? Even the XenForo homepage http://xenforo.com/ loads instantly to me, but offically all in all takes 1.3 seconds.

Those load times could be effected by many things, from server configuration, to addons, to network latency. Heck, even the debug mode adds a load of queries which could slow things down.

Being truthfully honest, I imagine theres a lot of people who would LOVE to have a 1.1 second load time. When in perception, anything under 3-4 seconds is usually considered "instant" by most browsing users.

I think your worrying over nothing realy? Even the XenForo homepage http://xenforo.com/ loads instantly to me, but offically all in all takes 1.3 seconds.

Those load times could be effected by many things, from server configuration, to addons, to network latency. Heck, even the debug mode adds a load of queries which could slow things down.

Being truthfully honest, I imagine theres a lot of people who would LOVE to have a 1.1 second load time. When in perception, anything under 3-4 seconds is usually considered "instant" by most browsing users.
The problem is, it loads slow even with debug disabled. the network of the server is fine and configs are the same as the old server.

The problem is, it loads slow even with debug disabled. the network of the server is fine and configs are the same as the old server.

If you've changed nothing with XenForo then the problem lies somewhere with your server setup or configuration. The pastebin you provided looks completely normal.

If you've changed nothing with XenForo then the problem lies somewhere with your server setup or configuration. The pastebin you provided looks completely normal.
I know its not xenforo...
Thats why i made this thread in Server Configuration and Hosting.

what were the debug times/numbers on old server to compare with ?

same web host ?

what were the debug times/numbers on old server to compare with ?

same web host ?
The old server was +-11x faster new server is +1 seconds, old server was like 0.00xx seconds.
No not the same host.
The old host had much connection problems.
The new host connection is great so far.

different host you're comparing apples and oranges and you sure total page timne was 0.00xxx and not just individual queries ?

no full web page that is php dynamic and counts on response from database backend, will respond in 0.00xxx seconds

different host you're comparing apples and oranges and you sure total page timne was 0.00xxx and not just individual queries ?

no full web page that is php dynamic and counts on response from database backend, will respond in 0.00xxx seconds
If you realy want exact numbers:
old server: Page Time: 0.1196s
new server: Page Time: 1.1193s

Did you have any opcode cache on your old server such as APC, eAccelerator or Xcache? and have you set-up any caching on the new server?

Not sure what would cause this besides misconfiguration somewhere. It could be a number of things, it's not really easy for anyone to say. You've said this only happens with PHP? Does it happen with all PHP files?

Not sure what would cause this besides misconfiguration somewhere. It could be a number of things, it's not really easy for anyone to say. You've said this only happens with PHP? Does it happen with all PHP files?
Well php files like Hello world etc load fine of course.
But real things like xenforo or other forum software or wordpress etc are slow.
this the fastcgi part in the config.
Code:
#fastcgi
LoadModule fcgid_module modules/mod_fcgid.so
FcgidInitialEnv PHPRC "c:/php"
FcgidMaxRequestLen 5242880
AddHandler fcgid-script .php
FcgidWrapper "c:/php/php-cgi.exe" .php
And i always see 1-6 running .exe's in the task manager.

Top Bottom