Add-on Slack notifications

NealC

One of my forums is for customer support and for this I want to make sure my staff get notified of any new posts as I can't count on them to watch forums and threads. In vB I could force notifications to email addresses, I can't do that in XF 2.x so I can't trust staff are getting notified for timely handling of posts. But we do have Slack so I could hopefully integrate forum activity into Slack channels for notifications as another option.

What are the best add-ons out there already for Slack integration? And it would be nice if XF could actually build in slack notifications out of the box.

I'm not a fan of ThemeHouse after the last attempt to use one of their addons so I'm avoiding [TH] add-ons I'm afraid. They seem to have a bad reputation here.

@NealC, I have a comprehensive Slack notification addon that I'm currently performing internal testing on and haven't released yet. It won't be a free addon - but I'm happy for you to help beta test it if you'd like.

It may be overkill for your needs - has notifications for just about everything, not just new threads.

PM me if you're interested.

Top Bottom