1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by Lawrence, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Closed down my other role playing site, and opened this one today. I just like the setting a lot more than the cold frozen wasteland.

Gone is the horizontal postbit, I went back to vertical.

Gamorreaner likes this.
  2. Neal

Neal Well-Known Member

Very nice and easy to read @Lawrence I thought your other site was pretty decent also and it did look pretty active.
    Lawrence likes this.
  3. Lawrence

Thanks, :) the other site was gaining ground all the way up to jan 2016, and then for some reason, the postings just stopped. I waited to see if it was just a phase (seasonal, maybe), and as it turned out it wasn't I took the opportunity to build the site around the setting I know well, and really enjoy. So, hopefully... :)
    Neal likes this.
  4. Lawrence

I just updated my site to fix some inconsistencies with the style and added in temple services. As temples are made to heal a character, it was really easy to code this "special" temple in (it's a part of the original setting anyways... sort of...): http://www.skullport.net/location/loviatar/

Not only does it cause your character pain, but you can choose to "share" that pain with another resident (if you have the gold), the recipient gets an alert stating how much damage their character received and paid for by whom.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Gemma likes this.
  5. Lawrence

Here are a couple of screen shots of the new style I am working on for Skullport. The only template edits are css templates, and those are relatively minor. I had forgotten just how much you can accomplish with style properties and css edits (where some things are "hard coded" in). Two template mods are used. When viewing the SS's, use the full screen arrow in the overlay.

ss1.jpg ss2.jpg ss3.jpg ss4.jpg
    Neal, Gamorreaner and Gemma like this.