Skinning to match a wordpress theme

Dynamic

Hi everyone,

So I want to skin xenforo. I have the basics down I think, but the header is killing me. Does anyone know how to make Xenforo have this header

http://html.orange-idea.com/valera-wp/

I was thinking of making the banner stretching across the screen the notifications, and the rest the xenforo header and navigation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yup, then I will move onto the forums to match the look of the theme, and then the footer. With any luck it will look like it is meant to be part of it. So if the header matches the wordpress one, and the banner is used for notifications, it will already look very neat.

lol thanks. If I manage to figure it out or if someone gives me a hand I will release the skin for free so others can have a ready to go xenforo theme that will suit that wordpress theme. Anyone have a clue where to start?

Are you skilled in html, javascript & css? I can explain it to you but if you are not competent with those basic web "languages" there really isn't any point unfortunately. XenForo makes it easy to skin their default theme but skinning only gets you so far, what you want is to really overhaul the default theme, for which you -will- need to get down and dirty with the source.

Hi Naatan,

I am okay with html and css, javascript not so much. I don't want to make the xenforo skin responsive like the wordpress theme is, as I think there is a mobile skin being launched with v1.2, so I was going to allow that to be used on mobile devices. If I can get it to look the same as the wordpress theme (not actually function the same) I think it will be fine.

Most of it I can do it bits and pieces, and some things I just ask a hand for as it is a bunch of small jobs. But getting the header and footer to look the same is beyond me. If you are willing to help, I am more than happy to listen, it is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Okay, I have started the skinning. I will keep this thread updated just incase I do something and someone wants to know how it was done. It may also encourage people to lend a hand if they see an effort is being made :D

Okay, I have started the skinning. I will keep this thread updated just incase I do something and someone wants to know how it was done. It may also encourage people to lend a hand if they see an effort is being made :D
If you have problems after a bunch of effort, let me know...since you hit the key thing yourself (trying it yourself first and then asking questions) I would be willing to help you.

Until that time....have a blast....nothing feels better than that EUREKA! moment when you just start to get it, it is twice as nice when you do it completely on your own. :)

Happy hunting.

Thanks for that everyone! I really appreciate it. I'll post up some screenshots this week. I am going to try and do mostly everything without touching the code (some things will need code editing), but for the most part I *should* be able to get away with extra.css and playing around in the style settings. This is to make updating easy.

On a side note, as opposed to xenforo developing a mobile skin, why not just make their default skin responsive. That way it will automatically have the mobile theme. Just a suggestion.

Okay everyone, I have made a fair bit of progress on this. I tried to modify as few templates as possible from the default skin (to make it easy to update). If you would like to see where I am at, PM me.

Thanks.

After reading this thread, I was hopeful of seeing the screenshots instead of having to PM you.

Sorry, I'm not into the PM scene.

Maybe you'd like to share the screenshots here as well as a link to your work. I'm sure many people would be interested.

Top Bottom