Skimlinks better than viglinks?

Actually I did post earlier in this thread. I was wondering if anyone would spot the affiliate code! It was worth a cheeky try ;)

Seriously though, affiliate code or not, I still would recommend any forum owner with a decent sized forum to sign up with them. As I said above, the only regret I have is that I didn't do it earlier. Its completely transparent to the end user and unless you're in the good old US of A, you don't actually need to tell the members anyway.

Actually I did post earlier in this thread.
Actually just to correct myself, I haven't posted in this thread before, but I did post in a VigLink / Driving Revenue thread at some point before.

Sorry if it looked a bit suspicious, but I thought I'd posted about it before in this thread anyway.

Actually I did post earlier in this thread. I was wondering if anyone would spot the affiliate code! It was worth a cheeky try ;)

Well, that blew my idea to post my affiliate code here. :D Actually, I think it would be cool if we did a "pay it forward" deal here: one person posts a code. If someone signs up from that one, have them post their affiliate code, and so on. The idea being that only one person takes advantage of each code posted, so we all benefit at some point.

Dunno why. 60 days after I started I got the payment for the first 30 days and its been regular as clockwork since...

They do state this in their FAQ, but they did admit to having a hiccup a couple of months ago where payment went out a week or two late. However, my Amazon program works the same way: my March affiliate sales do not pay out until the end of May, and VigLink pays out once they have received their affiliate revenues.

BTW, my VigLink dashboard is like being addicted to crack. I keep "hitting" it a few times a day to see how much is rolling in. :D On the more serious side, it has me rethinking all of my other sites, and how I can monetize them similarly. They are similar to the "big board" site, but with much lower traffic. A couple of the sites will actually lend themselves to multiple product links, so I plan to take advantage of it.

This certainly beats having me sign up for a dozen affiliate accounts, and then waiting for enough money to come through to meet the payment threshold. VigLink's mechanism (as I am assuming Skimlinks' is also) takes the hassle out of it.

Is there any reason you can't run skimlinks & VigLink together, from what I've seen Skimlinks creates hyperlinks from text on the page rather than altering existing urls?

Quick update, I've got both Vig and Skim installed. I reckon that's what's killing my links on Chrome.
Submitted the question to Skim anyway. But they need to see it before I pull Vig out of the system. So I'm kinda stuck. :oops:

How are you including skimlinks currently? I may have an idea.
Just the usual default installation. "Standard" (Acts on most popular retailer and product references in your vertical.) :)
Also implemented RSS feeds this very evening, they go straight into Mod Queue until I decide where to put them.

Ninja edit: As for an XF plugin, I've spoken to Skimlinks about it as a recommendation. It's probably already been suggested.

Let me see if I can change that...after dinner of course.

I will try do it so it will have it's own template which will have a xen:if condition wrapped around it where you can put the user group ids of the groups that you would like to see it.

What made you go to Skimlinks over Viglinks? I've got Viglinks installed currently and haven't had any issues with them at all
Nothing really. You can't have both installed at the same time. One issue if you do have both running together is that Chrome will refuse point blank to follow the links.

Nothing really. You can't have both installed at the same time. One issue if you do have both running together is that Chrome will refuse point blank to follow the links.

I'll stick with Viglinks for now then as they seem to be paying fairly well for the amount of links

Top Bottom