Skimlinks better than viglinks?

We've used DrivingRevenue (which is now part of VigLinks) for a few years now with ups and downs in revenue, but no real problems. Know both the guys who developed DR and they're straight up guys. The whole process is transparent to your members.

The upside of using one of these services rather than just using an affiliate rewriter mod is that because of their volume, you can often get a higher payout (because of their higher commission level) even after the percentage that they take as their fee.

If I'm not mistaken, SkimLinks is based in the UK while VigLink is based in the US. Does anybody know, what's a 'Vig,' though?

Could anyone explain the technicalities of how this works?

I'm always concerned about the speed of my sites so anything that slows down page loading, etc. needs careful consideration.

Do the links get modified at the time of posting and get injected into the database with the skimlink in place? This would be my preference as there would be no per-page processing required.

Yours,
Interestedly ... :)
I haven't noticed any delay whatsoever from their code scanning the site. As far as I know, Skimlinks never blocked content so I am assuming that they are doing everything asynchronously.

This sounds like a stealth linking system that would go pretty much unnoticed by forum members.

That is exactly what it is. At the end of the day it is extra income for you (the forum owner) without introducing another layer of advertising to your members. If you have a forum or blog that mentions links of products (that Skimlinks works with) then you will be potentially earning a lot of commission on sales of those products.

Their account interface allows for detailed reports and there is also an area where you can check vendors on what commissions they pay so that you can adjust your content accordingly (if you are say a blogger/reviewer of products).

Does anyone know the pay structure of skimlinks and vigilinks for Amazon products?
We are Amazon Affiliate and want to compare them.

So let's say I have a guy that started a thread on video conversion software and he links to the vendors software sales page.

I only get paid if this program has an agreement with that software vendor then ?

This program would not send the reader to a different video software vendors site should they not have an agreement with the one actually linked to. Right ?

I only get paid if this program has an agreement with that software vendor then ?
You will only get paid if:
1. Skimlinks has an agreement with that website/software vendor
2. Your user that clicked the link ended up buying that software from the target site.

This program would not send the reader to a different video software vendors site should they not have an agreement with the one actually linked to. Right ?

Correct. The links end up where they are supposed to. If Skimlinks does not have an affiliation with the target site, they will ignore the link and not redirect them to a different vendor.

HTH

I've decided to give Viglink a try so we have members who have tried both. I'll post my experience later (i.e., if I remember).

Got viglink email confirmation just now. Installed on footer template and verified.
Will see how it fare in a month or two

I think profit factor with viglinks varies quite a bit depending on your site. We have a lot of postings to ebay and ebay pays per click but more if someone buys something. Our's has averages about 6.5 cents a click which is better then some other ad networks plus it is invisible to end users and not the primary ad revenue so I consider it an extra benefit.

Ya, most advertisers are pay per purchase but ebay pays per click but it is figured on their algorithm and sometimes it might not be much and other times it is a little higher. They also pay percentage if a purchase is made.

Top Bottom