Skimlinks better than viglinks?

I don't sense any difference between them yet. I have wiki and forum sections on my site ( http://SamyGO.tv ) and placed one for wiki one for forum and mainly earn from ebay links....
wiki is viglinked because of lots of a link to gadgets... Takes ~40 clicks per day and generates ~$2.5... And forum uses skimlink, got ~10 clik per day and generates ~$0.9...
But don't trust the numbers. For example one day, 13 click might returns both $1,04 and or $0.24.
I will switch my wiki to skimlink from viglink next month, than I clearly watch income difference between skimlink and viglink since there is same links for them.

Before I prefer VigLink because of there is no hidden fees. SkimLink share become %71.5 due paypal fees if you not live in US or UK.
At the preparation step of comparison, SkimLinks CEO contacted me and there is really good news coming thru. For example reduced level of payment threshold (becomes $10 from $50 ) and SkimLink will also pay PayPal fees for internationals... If those not happen, my choice is VigLinks, but now SkimLinks looks heavier...
But I never join VigLink If I know their tax problems.( U.S. want %30 income tax from alien foreigner! )

Regards,
Erdem

But don't trust the numbers. For example one day, 13 click might returns both $1,04 and or $0.24.

In affiliate sales, clicks never reflect sales amounts and commissions. Those sales numbers at Amazon are from a sale made the day before, or even a preorder made on a click that happened two months ago. Advertisers that pay per click are different. Clicks are counted as they happen. Affiliate sales don't accrue until the order ships.

Anyway, I'm waiting it out for our Sept. payments. It's getting later each month it seems. Was the 29th last month, and the 28th the month before. I've already contacted support to see what's up. Looks bad on my income sheet to see zero income one month and double the next. I think they're too busy posting ForumCon photos...

In affiliate sales, clicks never reflect sales amounts and commissions. Those sales numbers at Amazon are from a sale made the day before, or even a preorder made on a click that happened two months ago. Advertisers that pay per click are different. Clicks are counted as they happen. Affiliate sales don't accrue until the order ships.

Anyway, I'm waiting it out for our Sept. payments. It's getting later each month it seems. Was the 29th last month, and the 28th the month before. I've already contacted support to see what's up. Looks bad on my income sheet to see zero income one month and double the next. I think they're too busy posting ForumCon photos...

Payments are processed at the end of each month, with exact payment dates varying based on whether the last days of the month fall on a weekend, etc. However, you should always receive payment by the end of the month. If it is the first or second of the month and you haven't received your payment notification email you are welcome to ping us at support@viglink.com and we can look into it.

Hope this helps! We'll get back to posting ForumCon photos now :)

We are very happy with Viglink on our big board and we are extremely happy with it. We never had any payments delayed. The only thing i hope to get changed is how Ebay income is listed. Currently there is no way to deeply check which of your threads bring income from ebay.

We are very happy with Viglink on our big board and we are extremely happy with it. We never had any payments delayed. The only thing i hope to get changed is how Ebay income is listed. Currently there is no way to deeply check which of your threads bring income from ebay.

Have you checked out the "most clicked links" and "pages" section of the weekly dashboard? If you hover over any of your "most clicked links" it will show you which page/thread it originated from. eBay does report revenue differently, based on their unique Quality Click Pricing, but you should be able to still get a sense of top content. Email us at support@viglink.com if you have any trouble accessing the weekly dashboard!

I'm toying with enabling the content-text links - anyone else using them?

Do they slow page loading? Do you members find them intrusive? What percentage of your viglink earnings do they represent?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I'm toying with enabling the content-text links - anyone else using them?

Do they slow page loading? Do you members find them intrusive? What percentage of your viglink earnings do they represent?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

The link insertion brings 7% of our viglink income. Members respect our decision enabling this as we are very careful within advertisement level on our forum.

Have you checked out the "most clicked links" and "pages" section of the weekly dashboard? If you hover over any of your "most clicked links" it will show you which page/thread it originated from. eBay does report revenue differently, based on their unique Quality Click Pricing, but you should be able to still get a sense of top content. Email us at support@viglink.com if you have any trouble accessing the weekly dashboard!
we discussed the issue with support before however i still couldn't find a way to correctly list which content brings income from ebay. There are some ebay entries listed but they list 0 income but Amazon reports are listed perfectly.

How about viglinks payment to europe customers? I read that

1. you have to fill out complicated US tax forms
2. you have to get some official US tax number
3. US takes around 30% of the money viglink sends you as tax

I use viglinks on one of my forums and we're UK based and we've never had to do any of those 3 things

There is a tax form that you'll need to fill out prior to receiving your first payment from VigLink, but number 2 (you have to get an official US tax number) and number 3 (US takes around 30% of the money VigLink sends you as tax) are not correct.

Send us an email at support@viglink.com and we are happy to provide more detail as it might relate to your situation!

I put skimlinks on my board recently, and it caused intermittent problems with the quick reply box on the bottom of threads. Essentially it broke quick reply. Users could type into it, but once they tried to post the reply, the forum didn't recognize the text. Refreshing the page fixed the issue.

I took the code out. Hopefully they fix the problem.

I used viglink instead of my own rewriting tool and I got a few cents within a week. After this week, I stopped using viglink. With my rewriting tool I get usually a three figure number. This is a big disappoint and I do hope that now after several weeks viglink will actually see some conversions for the old week but I do not have much hope.

I used viglink instead of my own rewriting tool and I got a few cents within a week. After this week, I stopped using viglink. With my rewriting tool I get usually a three figure number. This is a big disappoint and I do hope that now after several weeks viglink will actually see some conversions for the old week but I do not have much hope.

Hi Marcus, Anna here w/ Viglink. Do you know which merchants you link to most frequently with your rewriting tool? If it was an issue with merchant coverage that produced the discrepancy between the amount you made with VigLink and your own tool, I'm happy to look into it. Let us know!

Hi All,

Whitney from VigLink here. Just to be clear on our international tax form, I wanted to post this article from our Knowledge Base: http://support.viglink.com/entries/20314092-i-am-not-from-the-u-s-what-tax-form-should-i-fill-out

We recently added this option:
"You should use the certificate of No United States Activities if you are not a United States citizen and will not be paying taxes in the United States. This certificate applies to most foreign publishers."

Any questions? Let us know!

We recently added this option:
"You should use the certificate of No United States Activities if you are not a United States citizen and will not be paying taxes in the United States. This certificate applies to most foreign publishers."
Thanks for posting that up here Whitney :)
Useful, in that...
Some previous applicants may had got confused as to which form to choose at the point of registering. Which would transpire to some delay in or even the abandoning of, the registration process altogether. Which effectively would have cost you several applicants.
Clarity where it is needed. (y)

Top Bottom