XF 1.5 Site's Down Error 520/524

Slyk

In desperate need of some help. I had a sudden CPU spike, followed by a crash which I cannot correct.

If I reboot my host server, the site comes back online, but only for a minute or two. It then slows to a crawl and finally results in an Error 520/524 once again.

I've placed the site on downtime mode (options > Board Active), which allows me to navigate the forums without issue. Again, once re-activating the board and allowing the floodgates to open, the site immediately dissolves into another 520/524.

I do not believe that this is an issue/error with my host (Linode), as I'm still able to access data stored on my server outside of the forum when the forum is kicking an error back.

Something is occurring on the forum-side which results in an overload and a prompt shut down. I know little to nothing when it comes to the unix-side of things, but would be happy to send any logs if you're able to walk me through those steps.

I appreciate any/all help!

sectioneighty.com
or forum.sectioneighty.com

Any new add-ons installed? Maybe some add-on is causing this behavior.

Can you access admin control panel?
I haven't installed any new add-ons in several (6+) months. I also haven't changed any settings in many months.

Yes, I do have access to ACP while the board is deactivated. Once turning the board back on as active, the ACP will degrade along with the rest of the site and I'm then unable to access it.

I haven't installed any new add-ons in several (6+) months. I also haven't changed any settings in many months.

Yes, I do have access to ACP while the board is deactivated. Once turning the board back on as active, the ACP will degrade along with the rest of the site and I'm then unable to access it.
Try adding $config['enableListeners'] = false; through config.php

Also, try this:

1. Click the phpMyAdmin icon
  2. Choose the database you are working with by clicking on it in the left menu
  3. On the right side of the page, you will see a listing of your tables. Click “Check All” and then from the drop-down choose “Repair Table

Try adding $config['enableListeners'] = false; through config.php
this appears to do the trick, though, there's obviously some decreased function. Thoughts on why this would have an impact and how to dive deeper to the root cause? I haven't performed your next phpMyAdmin suggestion yet.

Also: this is my partner's account -- the @Slyk account just got banned(??) lost all privileges to reply in threads. Very unclear why @Chris D

this appears to do the trick, though, there's obviously some decreased function. Thoughts on why this would have an impact and how to dive deeper to the root cause? I haven't performed your next phpMyAdmin suggestion yet.

Also: this is my partner's account -- the @Slyk account just got banned(??) lost all privileges to reply in threads. Very unclear why @Chris D
The line you added in the config.php disables all add ons and provides only a basic function to your forum for debugging purposes. Now, I would recommend clicking "disable all add ons", and enabling them one by one until you find the one causing the issue.

once you've duplicated the issue, add that line back in config.php and uninstall it from your db. if not, you can try phpmyadmin route.

Thanks again, @Alexander. I was able to whittle down the add-ons until I found the unsuspecting culprit. Saved me a lot of hassle with the suggestion. Databases are an area which I'm not overly confident in, so I've opted to simply disable the add-on for now as opposed to repairing the tables.
Just to double check, everything else, do you know how to run a mySQL database file health check through cPanel/WHM?

Just to double check, everything else, do you know how to run a mySQL database file health check through cPanel/WHM?
I'm unaware of how to do so, no. If it matters, I use Linode for my server/hosting and do have access to phpmyadmin as well as to the command prompt, but don't believe that there's a cpanel for my setup.

Top Bottom