Not a bug Sitemap Problem?

Garfield™

Affected version
xenforo allows a maximum of 50,000 urls in the sitemap file, then splits the sitemap file, this is fine for a new forum site for google, but for a forum site restored from backup, google does not read this sitemap file.

in later xenforo versions the sitemap file is less than 50,000 or max. Is it possible to have 25,000 urls?

Attachments

• Ekran görüntüsü 2022-10-12 162236.webp
    Ekran görüntüsü 2022-10-12 162236.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Ekran görüntüsü 2022-10-12 162253.webp
    Ekran görüntüsü 2022-10-12 162253.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 73
Googlebot should read my sitemap file every day, but the last one read it 14 days ago, but also didn't read it, which is because the url is too much.

The XF Sitemap doens't work properly. Last time I asked about this, I was told I neeed friendly URLs on for it to work.

I cant read Turkish but you have an error message, read it and do what is necessary accordingly to it.
Maybe your .htaccess file is not well configured for friendly URLs

.htaccess How should the file be? can you write it here for example like this for me

Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 405 default
ErrorDocument 406 default
ErrorDocument 500 default
ErrorDocument 501 default
ErrorDocument 503 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /xenforo

#    This line may be needed to workaround HTTP Basic auth issues when using PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

Did you ever figure out what worked? I'm thinking of editing core files to change the amount of urls per sitemap but Xenforo recommended not to.

Ya I don’t know if it’s related or not but Google no longer reads the sitemap. It’s been 23 days since mine was last ready and no matter how many times I remove and re-add it, it will no longer read it. Did something recently change with Xenforo or Google?

Probably google changed something in their requirements. Some people here say they limited their urls much lower than 50k and eventually started working. Check out my thread.

At this moment in time the sitemaps are created in accordance to the official sitemap spec and Google's own requirements so we aren't seeing a good reason to change this.

If Google are not adhering to their own spec then that would be an issue they would need to resolve.

To be clear, the only URL that needs to be submitted as a sitemap is sitemap.xml, sitemap.php isn't required as well.

At this moment in time the sitemaps are created in accordance to the official sitemap spec and Google's own requirements so we aren't seeing a good reason to change this.

If Google are not adhering to their own spec then that would be an issue they would need to resolve.

To be clear, the only URL that needs to be submitted as a sitemap is sitemap.xml, sitemap.php isn't required as well.
Thanks for chiming in Chris. Is the xml file you're referring to web.com/sitemap.xml?
I can access mine but Google responds with saying it'd not fetchable. Sitemap.php works well though. Google can't fetch the sub sitemaps listed in sitemap.php though.

Since the number of urls is high, google does not read the sitemap, I solved it as follows.

First I took a database db backup of the forum, then I deleted the forums one by one, I reduced my url number below 500, I said recreate my sitemap file and added it to google.

Since the number of urls is high, google does not read the sitemap, I solved it as follows.

First I took a database db backup of the forum, then I deleted the forums one by one, I reduced my url number below 500, I said recreate my sitemap file and added it to google.
Yea seems like Google needs to fix their requirements. Second time hearing about lower urls fixing the issue. @Chris D would an addon be able to manipulate this knowing how builder.php works? Just not comfortable changing the core files on my production server.

Sitemap.xml will not work with Google for me, I have tried many times. Google will give me a ‘Not fetchable’ error, even though the file can be read just fine. Google will allow me to use Sitemap.php but will not read it.

Sitemap.xml will not work with Google for me, I have tried many times. Google will give me a ‘Not fetchable’ error, even though the file can be read just fine. Google will allow me to use Sitemap.php but will not read it.
Yup exactly same for me :(

Top Bottom