XF 1.4 sitemap.php file not found

abiola

Hello guys..

I just upgraded my site to the latest XF1.4 and after everything i tested the site with the "File Health Check" tool and it returns "potential problems... sitemap.php not found"

What do i need to do to fix this?

Thanks

Upload the files again.
Thanks, i uploaded the files again but the sitemap.php file could not be uploaded. I kept getting "could not start transfer". It says 553 Can't open that file: Permission denied. How else can i upload that file? Thanks

Last edited:
Try using a different FTP application - I recommend WinSCP.

Otherwise, if you have cPanel, you can upload it via that.

I would also recommend downloading a new upgrade .zip from your customer area and extracting the file from there as your current version may be corrupt.

Try using a different FTP application - I recommend WinSCP.

Otherwise, if you have cPanel, you can upload it via that.

I would also recommend downloading a new upgrade .zip from your customer area and extracting the file from there as your current version may be corrupt.
Yes i used filezilla and its the current version but all files are uploaded except the sitemap.php file. Every time i get 553 Can't open that file: Permission denied". Let me try WinSCP then. Thanks

I used WinSCP and still got same error. "553 Can't open that file: Permission denied" and "could not start transfer". I don't know what else to do
Rename sitemap.php on your site to site_map.php
Upload now the fresh sitemap.php from your computer.
Can you do it?

Thanks but I can't find a sitemap.php on my site.
It should be there.
Is it in the "upload" folder in your computer?

I have searched the site, seems there is none.
If it is not in the upload folder in your computer than it cannot be on your site.

How can i create a sitemap on my site?
Not sitemap only a dummy file called sitemap.php (To delete it or overwrite it with the real one)
In Filezilla use "Create new file"

It should be there.
Is it in the "upload" folder in your computer?

If it is not in the upload folder in your computer than it cannot be on your site.

Not sitemap only a dummy file called sitemap.php (To delete it or overwrite it with the real one)
In Filezilla use "Create new file"
Yes i was not able to upload it. Each time i got, "permission denied", so i contacted my host and it was fixed. Now i have uploaded it. Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom