1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Site somewhat lagging

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Matt Napper, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Matt Napper

Matt Napper Member

When im trying to remove a thread from my forums it just seems to freeze. I get the 3 bar loading up in the top right corner ( http://puu.sh/dhReM/00bb28499e.png ) and just doesnt do anything from there.

Heres some more info:
    • Yes, Group Permissions are set and have the ability to delete self posts and general posts.
    • Yes, thread permissions are set and have the ability to be removed by Admins
    • Yes, I'm in the group Admin and ONLY Admin, no perms are inheriated, all are set to allow.
    • Other sites on the same server can delete threads just fine.
    • using the latest (just downloaded yesterday) xenforo version.
    • Only addons are XenPorta and RAzor twitter
    • I can make post just fine, just the actions, lock, move, etc..just get's stuck loading.
    • also site is http://www.brutal-prison.com and no, no one is getting admin access to check anything out.
    • And no the servers are not being ddosed and nothing is slow loading, just it won't let me do any of the options
    • The post that im trying to remove isnt large. Its only 1 word "Test"

If anyone can help resolve this issue, that would be great :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is it any thread or this thread in particular?

Is it a large thread?
  3. Matt Napper

Matt Napper Member

No, its 1 word
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The usual troubleshooting steps apply.

Test in a completely unedited default style with no additional JS and all add-ons disabled.
  5. Matt Napper

Matt Napper Member

I set it to default, and it worked
  6. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

You seem to be using an extremely shady host. Those prices can't be real, there is some major overselling going on. I sent you a PM with some host suggestions, which also includes mine if you are interested in getting away from them.
  7. Matt Napper

Matt Napper Member

haha my host is legit, hosted my mc server with them for years. haha
  8. Matt Napper

Matt Napper Member

Its okay it was my theme that was making it lag. Was all fixed. Thanks anyways