Site Got 300+ Spam Accounts. How Do I Delete Them?

TheBigK

I was away from the internet for about 5 days and when I came back, I found out that the site has gotten over 300 spam accounts. I tried deleting them through control panel, but found out that I can delete only one account at a time. There's no option to select multiple users at a time, so I can't select and delete them.

Please suggest a way :confused:

I was away from the internet for about 5 days and when I came back, I found out that the site has gotten over 300 spam accounts. I tried deleting them through control panel, but found out that I can delete only one account at a time. There's no option to select multiple users at a time, so I can't select and delete them.
This is a common problem and ideally a core solution could be found.

Alright - how about deleting them from database directly? Would you recommend it? I think I've the facility to select multiple users in database tables using phpMyadmin.

Deleting a user from the ACP updates mutliple tables and caches.

You would need to create all the corresponding queries manually.

Better add that to the to-do list then, really need a way to bulk delete accounts.

I agree, bulk delete accounts is a must have. And, the "why you have so many spam accounts" doesn't really matter. For me its because of a couple reasons, I just took over a forum from someone else and/or converted it from another software, now those spam account stick out like a sore thumb and I want them gone, all 7,000 of them! Doing that one at a time is a non-starter.

i have the same problem and i am too lazy to delete them. please help us k&m
maybe if the user is not activated and have no posts should be deleted.
also if the user have odd names like 0000,1232, or aaaaa,baaaaa should also be deleted
just my thought for a solution

Top Bottom