1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Site Got 300+ Spam Accounts. How Do I Delete Them?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by TheBigK, Jun 2, 2011.

1. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

I was away from the internet for about 5 days and when I came back, I found out that the site has gotten over 300 spam accounts. I tried deleting them through control panel, but found out that I can delete only one account at a time. There's no option to select multiple users at a time, so I can't select and delete them.

Please suggest a way :confused:
    Digital Doctor likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no other way, you will have to process each account individually.
  3. James

James Well-Known Member

If you can find a common factor then you can probably mass delete them with a query. Maybe check if register date > x & postcount = 0
  4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

This is a common problem and ideally a core solution could be found.
  5. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Alright - how about deleting them from database directly? Would you recommend it? I think I've the facility to select multiple users in database tables using phpMyadmin.
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Deleting a user from the ACP updates mutliple tables and caches.

You would need to create all the corresponding queries manually.
  7. DSF

DSF Well-Known Member

I think it was a good idea to think about WHY you have more than 300 spam accounts.
    Digital Doctor and SchmitzIT like this.
  8. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

Better add that to the to-do list then, really need a way to bulk delete accounts.
  9. petertdavis

petertdavis Well-Known Member

I agree, bulk delete accounts is a must have. And, the "why you have so many spam accounts" doesn't really matter. For me its because of a couple reasons, I just took over a forum from someone else and/or converted it from another software, now those spam account stick out like a sore thumb and I want them gone, all 7,000 of them! Doing that one at a time is a non-starter.
  10. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

i have the same problem and i am too lazy to delete them. please help us k&m
    maybe if the user is not activated and have no posts should be deleted.
    also if the user have odd names like 0000,1232, or aaaaa,baaaaa should also be deleted
    just my thought for a solution