XF 1.2 Site Crashes Google Chrome

DRE

Cleared cookies and data and my site still crashes. Symptoms include, images taking forever to load (avatars, attachments, gallery pics, you name it). Site works fine in Mozilla Firefox latest version and Safari.

Go to: chrome://plugins

Disable Flash Player initially.

See if that stops it from crashing.

The only ever time I've been annoyed at Chrome is on one PC I had a major issue browsing any site that uses Flash Player. And on the basis that the Flash Player is built in and shipped with Chrome, it was almost impossible to troubleshoot and fix.

I think even full reinstalls of Chrome made no difference.

In the end I re-imaged the PC. That fixed it (n)

I have a strange problem with the past number of versions of Chrome. Normally, if I do a google image search, and click on an image, a black box focuses on the image and shows it to me, in a type of preview or something, not sure what Google calls it, maybe a lightbox or something(?). The css DIV ID is called "irc_mimg"

But on one machine I have, I click the image, and nothing happens. I have to right click the image, and open it in a new tab to see it by itself. I thought it might be a flash problem, or javascript, but I can't find anything anywhere related to the problem. No extensions are loaded, normal plug-ins are in use. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall Chrome, and the same thing happens. Crazy crazy stuff.

It works now after I disabled listeners, turned off cdn stuff and used the default theme. I'll figure out what's wrong with it later too exhausted right now.

It works now after I disabled listeners, turned off cdn stuff and used the default theme. I'll figure out what's wrong with it later too exhausted right now.
I really don't know what you keep doing @DRE , I logged in last night before bed after getting the PC, and it was loading fine for me in Chrome.

I found out what it was. It was the arrowchat in my page container template. I removed arrowchat and my site's working fine in Chrome again. I'm guessing the latest version of Chrome that just came out broke something in Arrowchat, which hasn't had updates in over a year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom