Single Sign On (Master) by Waindigo [Deleted]

Thanks Jon, but it seems there is a syntax error now. This is what I get when testing:

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM xf_user AS user JOIN xf_user_profile AS user_profile ON user.user_id=us' at line 5 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

Thanks again Jon. Your latest update took care of the syntax error.

Q: Would upgrading to your Sub-Domains Add-On replace this or can they both coexist? (i.e. single sign on for one site and sub-domains for others?)

Thanks again Jon. Your latest update took care of the syntax error.

Q: Would upgrading to your Sub-Domains Add-On replace this or can they both coexist? (i.e. single sign on for one site and sub-domains for others?)
They should be able to co-exist, but I've never tried it.

Hey Waindigo,

I have a situation where after turning on SSO I have some users that have already created users on both systems.. The won't sync which makes sense but the user also get an error when they log in that SSO could not sync there account.. What would be the correct Porcedure for dealing with duplicate accounts that were created before SSO was turned on?

Thanks,
-Bill

Hey Waindigo,

I have a situation where after turning on SSO I have some users that have already created users on both systems.. The won't sync which makes sense but the user also get an error when they log in that SSO could not sync there account.. What would be the correct Porcedure for dealing with duplicate accounts that were created before SSO was turned on?

I will have that issue myself if I sync two of my forums. A handful of users have accounts on both, but not sure if the username and/or email address match. Curious how the add-on would handle it in either case.

There are many ways to do this -- pretty much you want to be trying to think of the best way to remove duplicate accounts for your site. This could be changing the usernames/email addresses (and then merging them) or deleting the accounts on either the slave or the master. There are other ways around this, but they are quite advanced. Anyone who would like further information is encouraged to purchase a premium subscription for priority support:
https://waindigo.com/account/upgrades

There are many ways to do this -- pretty much you want to be trying to think of the best way to remove duplicate accounts for your site. This could be changing the usernames/email addresses (and then merging them) or deleting the accounts on either the slave or the master. There are other ways around this, but they are quite advanced. Anyone who would like further information is encouraged to purchase a premium subscription for priority support:
https://waindigo.com/account/upgrades

I was just curious to know if this was handled automatically (with a choice available during the import/sync process) or not. Not a big deal really. I'm debating that we even need it right now. ;)

How can I have it set where our Premium members can have Premium membership across all boards instead of having to manually add them to that usergroup? Can we make this possible if we make a good donation?

How can I have it set where our Premium members can have Premium membership across all boards instead of having to manually add them to that usergroup? Can we make this possible if we make a good donation?
Drop me a PM and we can discuss how much this would cost to add this. Note that a contribution to custom development work is not considered to be a donation -- it is how I make my living.

We don't have an official demo. Perhaps someone who is using this add-on has a site you can demo?

When a user registers on the master or slave, they essentially register on both sites correct? Users will have the same user ID on both and such?

Can I use this on existing forums with numerous existing users and posts? If so how are conflicts resolved, as in if a member is registered on both forums?

After reading the whole thread I'm still confused on this point...

User registers on slave site... will his credentials then be sync up to the master site?

Or is it only from master to slave? Basically I don't want to force people using the slave site to go the the master site to sign up for the forum.

I'm a little confused as to how it all works.

After reading the whole thread I'm still confused on this point...

User registers on slave site... will his credentials then be sync up to the master site?

Or is it only from master to slave? Basically I don't want to force people using the slave site to go the the master site to sign up for the forum.

I'm a little confused as to how it all works.
A user who registers on the slave site will automatically be registered on the master site.

Will this work when users sign in with Facebook?

As in each user could log into with Facebook on each site and it would still sync. Would I have to have same Facebook App ID for both sites or could they be unique to each site?

Top Bottom