Single Sign On (Master) by Waindigo [Deleted]

If a user registers on the slave site, they get registered on the master site. Does the same thing happen if someone registers on the Master after two sites are 'linked'?

If a user registers on the slave site, they get registered on the master site. Does the same thing happen if someone registers on the Master after two sites are 'linked'?
No, the user is only registered on the slave site if they log in there.

Does this addon connect only xenforo sites or is it possible to use it for connecting xenforo forum and wordpress site on the same domain?

Does this addon connect only xenforo sites or is it possible to use it for connecting xenforo forum and wordpress site on the same domain?
Just XenForo. I believe there are other add-ons that support other platforms.

Hi @Jon W this is quite interesting.

Can i use it under the following scenario:
- I have a xenforo site.
- Someone else has a xenforo site.
- If we and other xenforo sites team up to create a network where our members can sign in to each others sites without registering, does it cater for that?
- note each xenforo site is currently hosted on a different server.
- Does there have to be a master/slave? Cant person a's users be synched to person b's database and vice versa?
- When users get synched to master for example, can they be put in a different usergroup?

very interested in this. can really assist in networking a bunch of related sites in a similar niche and allowing their users to go to each others without the need to register.

Last edited:
How does this handle permissions? In other words, are user permissions (mod, admin, groups) synced or just the account information? I need to keep permissions separate for each site.

Does the slave site actually rely on the master site for login, even for the users that registered on the slave site? Does the slave site retain a local database copy of all users registered using that site? If the master site goes down for maintenance, are users unable to login to the slave site?

Does the login or registration interface change at all? In other words, do users get redirected to the master site to register? Does it say, "Sign in with XXXX" or just the normal sign in?

How does this handle permissions? In other words, are user permissions (mod, admin, groups) synced or just the account information? I need to keep permissions separate for each site.

Does the slave site actually rely on the master site for login, even for the users that registered on the slave site? Does the slave site retain a local database copy of all users registered using that site? If the master site goes down for maintenance, are users unable to login to the slave site?

Does the login or registration interface change at all? In other words, do users get redirected to the master site to register? Does it say, "Sign in with XXXX" or just the normal sign in?

I'm interested to know this as well.

As far as we're aware it still works. I know there are people using it on 1.5 and nobody has reported an issue that was caused by this add-on :)

Jake

Great!

So just to clarify if a user is registered on two forums before the addon is installed, that conflict needs to be resolved by:
- deleting one of the accounts
- changing the SN for one of the accounts
Otherwise that user won't be able to login on either?

Great!

So just to clarify if a user is registered on two forums before the addon is installed, that conflict needs to be resolved by:
- deleting one of the accounts
- changing the SN for one of the accounts
Otherwise that user won't be able to login on either?

I'm not 100% familiar with this add-on yet, but I believe it'll associate them by the email address. Have you tried seeing what will happen?

jake

That's the thing. I need to know to decide whether I want to use the addon or not cause I'm going to have alot of overlapping users...

Top Bottom