Since the import from SMF to VB3 to Xen....

onthefly

Any member that has a message in there inbox before the import now has an alert for each message, so if I had 130 messages in my inbox before the import I have 130 alerts. How do I reset the alerts back to zero for all members? :confused:

Any member that has a message in there inbox before the import now has an alert for each message, so if I had 130 messages in my inbox before the import I have 130 alerts. How do I reset the alerts back to zero for all members? :confused:

That is probably because the conversations are set as unread. Try this. At phpmyadmin, run the following query.

Code:
UPDATE `xf_user` SET conversations_unread = 0;

This will take care to turn all the conversations as read so no alerts will be displayed.

2 things to note. First make a thorough backup of the user table before you run the query and if your db tables use a custom prefix then you should use that instead of the xenforo''s default prefix (xf_ ) . Hope it helps.

Try this. At phpmyadmin, run the following query.

Code:
UPDATE `xf_user` SET conversations_unread = 0;

This will take care to turn all the conversations as read so no alerts will be displayed.

2 things to note. First make a thorough backup of the user table before you run the query and if your db tables use a custom prefix then you should use that instead of the xenforo''s default prefix (xf_ ) . Hope it helps.
Back up this table
xf_user
?

Top Bottom