Since Brogan's Been Gone...

DRE

I haven't had a warning PM since. Not saying the new mods aren't strict or loose with the rules or anything, just saying it's kind of a relief to not have to worry about getting banned or put in moderation over the slightest perceived offense.

I haven't had a warning PM since. Not saying the new mods aren't strict or loose with the rules or anything, just saying it's kind of a relief to not have to worry about getting banned or put in moderation over the slightest perceived offense.
You probably don't get warnings. Posts are simply deleted. At least mine was.

Brogan did a great job but in my opinion he got closed many threads prematurely when there was only the threat of it going off topic. Before purchasing my second xenforo license I asked a few legitimate questions he closed the thread as other members were talking about something else. I found this incredibly frustrating - it nearly made me purchase IPB because of it. Nothing against Brogan. I'm sure he's a really nice guy...but I found his moderation to be too heavy handed :)

I do not know for what posts Brogan sent you warning PM' s but from what I have seen Brogan was a great moderator and he was not heavy handed at all. I do not think xenforo will ever have a moderator of Brogan 's caliber. He was very knowledgeable and efficient and helped almost everyone.

You probably don't get warnings. Posts are simply deleted. At least mine was.

Personally I would prefer to have warnings rather than my posts get deleted like that in a sneaky way. But that is my personal opinion.

Here's the thing
We started out friends
It was cool, but it was all xen (foro)
Yeah, yeah, Brogan been gone
You're dedicated, answered questions all the time
Wasn't long 'til you answered mine
And all i'd ever hear you say
Here is the query for you
That's all i'd ever hear you say

But since Brogan been gone
I must code on my own for the first time
I'm so movin' on, yeah yeah
Thanks to you, now I code what I want
Since Brogan been gone

How can I put it, you were always on
How come I'd never hear you say
I can't answer that for you
Guess you never felt that way

But since Brogan been gone
I must code on my own for the first time
I'm so movin' on, yeah yeah
Thanks to you, now I code what I want
Since Brogan been gone

What on earth are you guys saying to get your posts deleted and warnings? o_O
That's exactly my point!
I have often deleted posts moments after posting when I felt that they were inappropriate with an explanation why I deleted it.
My last one, I don't know why it was deleted.
I'm not loosing sleep over it.

... I've not even once felt worried about getting banned, warned or even having my posts deleted. Also, I don't think that has ever happened to me, so far.

That's exactly my point!
I have often deleted posts moments after posting when I felt that they were inappropriate with an explanation why I deleted it.
My last one, I don't know why it was deleted.
I'm not loosing sleep over it.

You? I can't believe you would ever get a post deleted..

I do not know for what posts Brogan sent you warning PM' s but from what I have seen Brogan was a great moderator and he was not heavy handed at all. I do not think xenforo will ever have a moderator of Brogan 's caliber. He was very knowledgeable and efficient and helped almost everyone.

Personally I would prefer to have warnings rather than my posts get deleted like that in a sneaky way. But that is my personal opinion.
One time I got a warning and my post deleted for posting picture in my own thread that he felt was off topic. When you get warnings for something like that you will step lightly in the future. Then when you don't have to worry about the mere perception of possibly offending someone out of some random harmless post then yeah, you'd know where I'm coming from. Brogan was a great mod and I'd wish he come back but at the same time I can honestly say I feel a little more comfortable posting about whatever.

You pretty much answered your own question.
I'm pretty certain I have not, more importantly so, you haven't.
Please again explain to me how --a to this conversation relevant image-- offering some comedic relief qualifies as spam? Are we not allowed to crack a joke in Off-Topic anymore, what are the criteria?

Top Bottom