Since Brogan's Been Gone...

What on earth are you guys saying to get your posts deleted and warnings? o_O
Bamastanguy was trying to curse me out for something I can't even remember. Dude was dropping f bombs everywhere and name-dropping Floris in an attempt to prove a point my short attention span would not let me read. A couple minutes later our posts got deleted and all was well. That's just one example. So basically all you have to do is argue with someone who is goin nuts, even if you aren't really arguing. Just watching someone wig out and replying out of the mere courtesy of showing some passing interest to their grievance.

I'm pretty certain I have not, more importantly so, you haven't.
Please again explain to me how --a to this conversation relevant image-- offering some comedic relief qualifies as spam? Are we not allowed to crack a joke in Off-Topic anymore, what are the criteria?
It has been my sad experience that funny pics are mostly only accepted in the LOL thread.

I'm only talking like this cause I'm in training class and trying to emulate the instructor.

This is after all, a business forum.

If you want to post random images in threads I suggest 4chan.
Very fine then , I'm perfectly fine and appreciate the fact that this ought be a business forum. Can we then out of courtesy have this forum being treated as one? My personal observation is that if not shunned, the answers given to questions are of an evasive nature. There is as I can see it a lack of clear direction, and I don't consider that to be professional or representative of best business practices.

Is this critique formal enough, or should I wear slacks and a bespoke shirt while posting this?

Sorry you have changed whole idea of having Off-Topic forum . Why not close it instead of removing offtopics posts and threads.

Theres a difference between off topic (discussing generalised topics of interest) and spam (posting useless pictures which bring nothing to the topic).

Very fine then , I'm perfectly fine and appreciate the fact that this ought be a business forum. Can we then out of courtesy have this forum being treated as one? My personal observation is that if not shunned, the answers given to questions are of an evasive nature. There is as I can see it a lack of clear direction, and I don't consider that to be professional or representative of best business practices.

Is this critique formal enough, or should I wear slacks and a bespoke shirt while posting this?

If you want an exact reason then. In a topic discussing and comparing the "strictness" of the moderators, a reply of only a picture of someone asking for a roadmap and then running away from an angry mob is completely off topic and brings nothing to the thread.

Bamastanguy was trying to curse me out for something I can't even remember. Dude was dropping f bombs everywhere and name-dropping Floris in an attempt to prove a point my short attention span would not let me read. A couple minutes later our posts got deleted and all was well. That's just one example. So basically all you have to do is argue with someone who is goin nuts, even if you aren't really arguing. Just watching someone wig out and replying out of the mere courtesy of showing some passing interest to their grievance.

LOL, it's hilarious how people equate "bad" words to "wigging out" and going "nuts". Frustrated? Absolutely. Other than that, you are just being a drama queen.

Theres a difference between off topic (discussing generalised topics of interest) and spam (posting useless pictures which bring nothing to the topic).

If you want an exact reason then. In a topic discussing and comparing the "strictness" of the moderators, a reply of only a picture of someone asking for a roadmap and then running away from an angry mob is completely off topic and brings nothing to the thread.
How many threads have there been about roadmaps, development updates? Are you completely oblivious to the often violent response these questions and suggestions have gotten from both the community members and moderators?

So please, how is making light out of an otherwise tense situation a bad thing, and how was that not relevant to this discussion? Are you seriously implying that it's better for the community to adhere to strict, humorless and terse conversational guidelines, in an Off Topic forum out of all?

If it wasn't clear yet: emphasis on off topic.

Are you saying business should contain NO laughs at all?

Laughing is verboten!

The way you did it was equivalent to typing in all caps.

Maybe you should move on from the past and quit bringing me up in threads regarding **** that happened weeks ago? I didn't realize I was going to shatter your online emotional stability. Geez.

Top Bottom