Since Brogan's Been Gone...

how was that not relevant to this discussion

Please, enlighten me, how was that picture relevent at all to this thread... i'll try and look at it from your point of view if you can explain it to me, and do it in PM so this thread can stay on topic as below.

Back on topic.

As far as I'm concerned (despite our differences) Brogan in my mind built the foundations here (alone) with his unrivaled support, and helpfulness and I think when all is said and done, despite our differences that's how I'll remember him and his time here being the single most helpful person at xenforo. #fact

Please, enlighten me, how was that picture relevant at all to this thread... i'll try and look at it from your point of view if you can explain it to me.
I have explained it. It was a rhetorical question.

How many threads have there been about roadmaps, development updates? Are you completely oblivious to the often violent response these questions and suggestions have gotten from both the community members and moderators?

Back on topic.

As far as I'm concerned (despite our differences) Brogan in my mind built the foundations here (alone) with his unrivaled support, and helpfulness and I think when all is said and done, despite out differences that's how I'll remember him and his time here being the single most helpful person at xenforo. #fact

I couldn't agree more, while the roadmap and dev update drama fell square atop of him, and likely burned him out. He was put into a very uncomfortable position, and it should be no surprise that reflected in his decisions. I personally have no personal gripe or beef with brogan, I however do believe that the word 'roadmap' elicited mod action more often than any other.

Maybe you should move on from the past and quit bringing me up in threads regarding **** that happened weeks ago? I didn't realize I was going to shatter your online emotional stability. Geez.
When you make an ass of yourself it's funny and worth bringing up again around the water cooler at work.

When you make an ass of yourself it's funny and worth bringing up again around the water cooler at work.

You could do that, if you have no life and want to talk about other people constantly. Especially at your "work" as you call it. Maybe you should start a gossip forum next? You seem to enjoy talking about yourself a lot as well. You keep creating threads on here asking people about yourself and/or bragging about different situations you find yourself in.

To each their own I guess.

You could do that, if you have no life and want to talk about other people constantly. Especially at your "work" as you call it. Maybe you should start a gossip forum next? You seem to enjoy talking about yourself a lot as well. You keep creating threads on here asking people about yourself and/or bragging about different situations you find yourself in.

To each their own I guess.
Your right man I gots no life bro.

Sorry if this is not quite fitting in at this point of the thread but the only uncomfortable moderation I've experienced on XF has been since Brogan left.

I posted about a problem with my hosting contract (in the hosting area here).
The conflict with my host involved two sites, one is XF and one is queuing to transfer from another system asap but waiting on an addon. I wrote to ask advice on getting a refund from my host as they are USA based and I am not so the laws might be different.
Couple of people posted an extra help item that referred to the other forum system and how it worked - I had the option of editing that other system to keep the database quota within bounds. The thread got closed because it was including info on another forum system.
This was frustrating and not really appropriate as the main issue was about the terms of the hosting contract and getting a refund.
Also I was left unable to be polite and thank for all the help on the contract issue, or ask for any points clearing up.
To be fair I contacted the mod concerned and objected; then they reopened the thread for me. But it was heavyhanded to close it in the first place. It happened very soon after Brogan left maybe a casualty of the settling in period with new mods.

During Brogan's time here I was a very frequent poster and as I was doing a lot of complex design on my XF and staying up late at night into the morning hours, I used to post help to other newcomers a lot to help Brogan out.He was often appreciative of my efforts and never treated me like a fool if I made a mistake in what I said; he just corrected it from his greater knowledge.
I was often outspoken in discussion and once he contacted me privately to tell me he did not approve of a direction I was taking. I appreciated that as it didn't make a public fuss of it.

It takes a long time to pile up the mod experience to handle things as skilfully as Brogan did. His outstanding expertise was a major part of what made this community different - pulling together such dedicated community minded people. It's why I put so much effort into helping out myself.
I'm afraid getting a slap in the face almost as soon as he left has put me off giving more of my efforts to help. I guess that'll wear off but it'll take a while. I am hoping the community will repair itself and rebuild. At the moment it's not like it was before.

Communities can and do recover from a big loss like this one. But it needs extreme tact and carefulness from the new mods taking over. It's a huge task they are facing. I wish them luck with it.

It's simple. This is the internet. People come and go. Get over it.

Actually this is business ! which does needs big help from customers at the moment when they are going through legal issues . Negative reviews and these little drama's going overboard everyother day ain't going to help it one or other way .

I miss Brogan as a mod. Not so much because of any "heavy hand" in moderating. Just because he was a ninja in sorting out problems and responding. (Not a dig at all on Jake/Lawewnce/Slavik or anyone else I am forgetting...they are all ninjas, too).

As far as complaints or issues about warnings or deleted posts/threads or whatever, I can't really comment. There seems to be minimal issues on this forum about drama or things that are moderated. (I might be wrong; it could be that I have not seen or paid attention to these issues...from what I have seen or have been aware of, I have not seen a lot of issues. If I am wrong, well, that is my ignorance).

To sum up, I think Brogan was a net plus to this forum. That said, to me, this site maintains the same value as before Brogan's exit as a mod: a great place to find out more about XF, and a place to discuss XF issues/questions.

(Should I be jealous that I have not been moderated before? Makes me wonder what I am missing, LOL).

Here is a radical idea: Let's use this site for its purpose.

I have never received a warning and it is because I stay within the rules of the site.

I have chosen to join this website/forum to have support in place for my installations of the xenForo forum software. Which means, that I have to play by their rules. Like it or not, it is not my site and I have to respect the owners/admins/moderators.

I try to stay out of meaningless threads that have no bearing on whether my xenForo installation is working as it should (bug-free). And, those that I do choose to participate in will be done so under the rules of the site.

Top Bottom