Lack of interest Simplify permissions - please!

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

ibrian

Please simplify the permissions system.

It is utterly over-complicated compared to vb3 - especially when managing moderators.

There are your usergroup permissions and your individual user permissions, but that isn't enough - you still have to manually set each one as a moderator - and then individually set up each one's individual moderator permissions.

Even then, although you can set moderators to "ban" using the spam cleaner, you cannot set moderators to simply "ban" without using the spam cleaner!

Xenforo does a lot of things really well, and almost everything else sleek and simple as required. But the whole permissions system has a logic that only a programmer could love.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Those were helpful to me, too. However, information like this should be included in the manual. Relying on a forum for something which so directly impacts the user's experience is not appropriate for paid software. It doesn't respect the time of busy forum admins and assumes that we all have the free time to be forum rats in this forum. That may be true for some but won't be true for a majority.

This whole thread would be moot if they just had a decent manual.

Those were helpful to me, too. However, information like this should be included in the manual. Relying on a forum for something which so directly impacts the user's experience is not appropriate for paid software. It doesn't respect the time of busy forum admins and assumes that we all have the free time to be forum rats in this forum. That may be true for some but won't be true for a majority.

This whole thread would be moot if they just had a decent manual.

I just checked, and the manual permission page explains how additive permission works: https://xenforo.com/help/permissions/

Maybe a link to @Brogan thread on the bottom of the manual page for further reading would be ideal for those having a hard time to understand.

Top Bottom