Simple no avatar set

Simple no avatar set 1.2

No permission to download

dtmcl

ShadyX submitted a new resource:

Simple no avatar set (version 1) - A simple, yet stylish replacement no avatar set.

I thought my forum needed a new no avatar set and this morning I whipped one up. I thought I would release it too :)

JdAxv.png

The pack contains large, medium and small avatars to replace the default set.

To use them simply overwrite all the avatars in
styles/yourstyle/xenforo/avatars/

(y)

Read more about this resource...

So does this just replace users that have not chosen an avatar as their default based on gender, or does it replace all user's avatar based on gender?

It just replaces the default pack, If a user chooses an avatar that will be used instead of the no avatar.

My style doesn't seem to have an avatar folder. Does that mean it is pulling the default avatars from the default style? (I use Refresh)

If its thepetboard your talking about then yeah its pulling them from the default avatar directory :)

Question: when upgrading XF using only the upgrade package, will these avatars be overwritten with the default ones?

Not if you have set a different image path, as is recommended.

Create a new style directory and copy all the default directories and images to it.
Then upload all your custom images.

Finally, change the image path in the ACP.

All you need to do when upgrading is ensure any new images are uploaded to your custom style directory.

Just took a look at your optimized files. They can be optimized further by saving to png-8. The large avatars (female) consist of 147 colors so the png-8 option of using 128 resulted in quality compromise when i rebuilt the colours. Increasing that to 256 png-8 will retain quality but cut the files by about 40% over your ones (example of the female large yours was weighing in at 13kb) the one I rebuilt weighed in at 8kb so just a note to say these can be optimized further if people are inclined to cut down on the filesizes.

Just took a look at your optimized files. They can be optimized further by saving to png-8. The large avatars (female) consist of 147 colors so the png-8 option of using 128 resulted in quality compromise when i rebuilt the colours. Increasing that to 256 png-8 will retain quality but cut the files by about 40% over your ones (example of the female large yours was weighing in at 13kb) the one I rebuilt weighed in at 8kb so just a note to say these can be optimized further if people are inclined to cut down on the filesizes.
When changing the color element, I lost the quality of the original source.

If you can shrink them (file size) and have the original side by side, without noticing any difference... Please do share. :)

Top Bottom