1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Simple logo request

Discussion in 'Resource Requests [Archive]' started by Slavik, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Well as of yesterday I am now a company owner. I offer troubleshooting services to local people with their computers under the name of NV Consulting. (read envy)

The problem is, my artistic ability is that of a sledgehammer, I can easily modify other images, but creativity is not my strong point!

I am putting the request out there, if anyone feels up to it to create me a logo to use on my letterheads and business cards.

I don't expect anything for free, so if you do make something I like, I am willing to send a few bob your way, but would rather keep it to people i know than some company charging £65 for 6 design ideas...

This was my best attempt, though would probably end me up in a lawsuit with EA.

nv_logo3.png
    Shame, i realy like it aswell :(

2. physicspirate

physicspirate Well-Known Member

I like the one you made, looks pretty nice. What colors do you like? Do you have a font preference? Actually, following the forum guidelines, this may help me take a stab at your logo:

Type of Image: (Logo, Avatar, Banner)
    Text on image:
    Specific Images: (links must be supplied !)
    Colour Scheme:
    Size (in pixels):
    Animations: (Do you want animations include)
    Things to avoid: (what you don't want in your image)

3. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

This didnt make me think of EA sports. FWIW.
    I also wasn't sure if the letters were supposed to be ND. I'm not sure I would have guessed NV.
    Sure your NV is fancy looking, but from a branding perspective ... if I'm not sure of the second letter .... that's not good.

Good luck with the logo !

4. physicspirate

Here is my attempt at the magnificent bounty!:confused:

NV Final.png

5. Slavik

They, thanks for the attempt! However I have since sorted this out, forgot I posted a request up here as it went unanswered for quite a while!

6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I like that. Very nice job.

7. physicspirate

Thanks, im learning how to do graphics, hopefully in a few years I'll have some skills.

8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

nv.consulting.logo.jpg

Looks good.
    I think NV when i see it :)

well.... I see there are more than 1 NV consulting

9. Slavik

Fortunately its just a "figurehead" to keep the local councils happy as they are not allowed to hire self-employed people, so by having a business front, it makes my life a lot easier.

10. Mike Law

Mike Law Active Member

I use http://www.48hourslogo.com/ for all my logo needs, its $89 and a huge community of people throwing their designs at you, winner takes the cash.

11. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post using them now.. Hope it comes out good...:)

Mike Law likes this.
  12. Mike Law

Mike Law Active Member

Yeah the good thing is that you can choose to initially only put the $29 and see what comes out.
    Truth be told though, the more you offer the more designers jump on. I usually put $100

Ahh I just saw yours hahaha, $89 is fine I guess! I used them 4 times and have been very happy..

wickedstangs likes this.
  13. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

Just testing for now.. Will offer more next time..:)