Simple Gallery [Paid] [Deleted]

Hah. You paid $10 for an add-on which is simple to setup and you set it up the same as everyone else. You aren't paying for a wiki. And I will not support someone with such attitudes. You don't give anyone anything to do on you "help" you and you expect a wiki would solve that issue? And you didn't even answer all my questions.

Hah. You paid $10 for an add-on which is simple to setup and you set it up the same as everyone else. You aren't paying for a wiki. And I will not support someone with such attitudes. You don't give anyone anything to do on you "help" you and you expect a wiki would solve that issue? And you didn't even answer all my questions.

Just an observation but you have to treat the community like they don't know how to accomplish simplistic tasks so any basic setup instructions are at their disposal (takes but 5 minutes to post all the FAQ/documentation). Of course, it's entirely up to you how you deal with how you release products but documentation being provided in my books is always a beneficial thing to do/provide not only for the people your serving but yourself which will save you being asked the same questions, support queries repeatedly.

Just an observation but you have to treat the community like they don't know how to accomplish simplistic tasks so any basic setup instructions are at their disposal (takes but 5 minutes to post all the FAQ/documentation). Of course, it's entirely up to you how you deal with how you release products but documentation being provided in my books is always a beneficial thing to do/provide not only for the people your serving but yourself which will save you being asked the same questions, support queries repeatedly.
Which is planned, and planned to have alot, however it is something I have no time for. If you just glance at my website you can see it isn't even done on the home page. Other things have priority (those things actually pay my bills). And each release links to a doc on XenForo help page explaining how to install an add-on. And according the this guy complaining he has done everything any docs would say anyway (set options, permissions and albums) so regardless he has some other issue but is blaming it on no readme file. Which is obviously a reason to give 1 star... lol.

It will get there. In the mean time I will just have to deal with people who seem to think it writes and maintains itself.

Thanks. But clearly its not simple. I have a vanilla installation of xF with only one other addon. I have installed it but clearly something is amiss. You say you are pushed for time but if you produced something, just a simple installation and FAQ/Troubleshooting file it would save you time and reputation. So, you won't support me then please refund my cash. Thanks

Thanks. But clearly its not simple. I have a vanilla installation of xF with only one other addon. I have installed it but clearly something is amiss. You say you are pushed for time but if you produced something, just a simple installation and FAQ/Troubleshooting file it would save you time and reputation. So, you won't support me then please refund my cash. Thanks

Just pointing this out there. I bet nobody here will refund a digital product. If they refund your cash then you still have the product to use.

And yet he still hasn't answered the questions which are needed to be answered to give support. I can't read your mind or see your freaking installation. And you aren't hurting my rep. People here know how to look at things and make their own intelligent decisions on if I give support or not. They will see you not even answering the simplest of questions and complaining about install instructions when your issues have nothing to do with install instructions.

Actually nevermind. Processing your refund now.

Edit: inbox me the account you paid with so I can process the refund and remove your access

You bought a 10 dollar addon, based on its feature set I'd say that it's more than worth the price. Any additional documentation and support would only be a big bonus, keeping that in mind using a friendlier tone and not rating someones application 1 star just because you can't manage to install it properly would likely make things much easier on both you and the developer.

That post is just painful to look at.

Instructions.
  • Download files
  • Upload the files to the ROOT folder of the installation.
  • Install XML
  • Set permissions.
  • add albums and whatnot
Probably the reason he didn't provide a documentation is because mostly all of us at xenforo know how to install addons.

Like I have said. His issue isn't with installation but something else not working. Instead of asking for help properly, or even giving more than like an hour to get help, he rated this 1 star and complained.

That post is just painful to look at.

Instructions.
  • Download files
  • Upload the files to the ROOT folder of the installation.
  • Install XML
  • Set permissions.
  • add albums and whatnot
Probably the reason he didn't provide a documentation is because mostly all of us at xenforo know how to install addons.

Well woopy for you, you know how to install addons. So do I. I installed it just like you described. But it does not work, I can get to it, its there, but there is no gallery tab, There is no readme, no FAQ, no troubleshooting. It does not work, it has no instructions, I'm told that there are no instructions because the SELLER does not have the time. I gave it 1 star because I could not give it zero

And yet he still hasn't answered the questions which are needed to be answered to give support. I can't read your mind or see your freaking installation. And you aren't hurting my rep. People here know how to look at things and make their own intelligent decisions on if I give support or not. They will see you not even answering the simplest of questions and complaining about install instructions when your issues have nothing to do with install instructions.

I did answer the questions, I said I'd made albums which makes the other question does it show up in ACP redundant, I told you the issue was that the tab did not show. I can see I didn't answer the question did I do a file health check. Yes I did the file health check everything is fine. Now if those questions were in a trouble shooting guide how much easier would that be. I can get to the gallery if I point to the /gallery but the item is not on the nav tab.

Academic anyway as I'll PM you the email for the refund. Thanks. Got any uninstall instructions:whistle:

You're no longer getting a refund for the simple fact it is (your) human error. And if you told me what you just did I could easily tell you to go to the ACP, got to the permissions you claim to have set and enable the gallery tab.

You're welcome to never purchase another one of my add-ons again.

Thank you.

The error is in you acting like you are and expecting help without giving any information until recent posts.

If you had said "I have set all permissions and everything works except the tab isn't showing" I would have replied with "okay I'll see if I can reproduce". Instead I don't have the time to do anything in a hurry for you.

I will try and reproduce from what you have given me on Monday.

Missing argument 2 for Merc_SimpleGallery_Installer::uninstall()
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Merc/SimpleGallery/Installer.php at line 11
  2. Merc_SimpleGallery_Installer::uninstall()
  3. call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 193
  4. XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1738
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 116
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Robbo, I'm getting this error above when I try to unistall the add-on. After installing this XenMedio addon stopped working (No page found error).

Top Bottom