1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple Gallery [Paid] [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Robbo, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

Robbo submitted a new resource:

Simple Gallery (version 1.0) - Simple yet powerful image and video gallery

Read more about this resource...

1971Coogs and Markos like this.
  2. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

Looks like a good competitor to xenmedio, I love that add on but dislike that you have to pay extra for each media site besides youtube. Hopefully in later additions, you add a comments system, maybe some ratings, popular media tab...

3. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

I knew this would be the first thing someone said, heh. A more feature rich version will be created at some point in the future (probably many months away). It will extend this one a lot (probably a new codebase actually, with lots of copy/pasting).

4. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

How about comment /Like /Alert system on gallery . It would be great to include tagging users system too .

Rich likes this.
  5. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

For the YouTube embedding, is it using XF's Media tag or its own separate logic (like XenMedio)? If the answer is that it using XF's Media tag, which means that be extension it'll recognize any media service we add in the ACP, then that would be great for a number of reasons.

Are the images being stored in the XF attachments table or its own table (like XFR Albums)? Hopefully the attachments table.

The Pet Board and Digital Doctor like this.
  6. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

If you want to have access to a gallery database from the old PhotoPost (or whatever it was that was integrated with vB), I have a nice database for that that I would love to get converted on over :)

Abracadaniel likes this.
  7. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

Please read the actual description.

Yes it uses XenForo's system. No it doesn't use the attachments table, that would be a design problem due to a few reasons. However it works very similar to attachments.

8. principia

principia Well-Known Member

very nice. i have waited for this. thanks, will buy it today (after working)

9. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

10. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

Nice...for me, a commenting system is a must. I will wait for this and more features for buy it...a good gallery addon (like IP.Gallery) can worth 75$/100$ for me.

Abracadaniel, mcrider and ArnyVee like this.
  11. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Commenting is a must for me as well. You could easily double the price just by adding the ability to comment and like pictures with alerts and recent activity integration (if it doesn't have it already).

0xym0r0n and Abracadaniel like this.
  12. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

Likes and recent activity should be in a future version. Other features will be in the full on feature rich version with everything you expect. This is what I call a webmasters gallery. Used to show off what the site is for (like a game) and not a user gallery where anyone can upload etc (like YouTube).

ArnyVee likes this.
  13. Steve10

Steve10 Well-Known Member

This is amazing, and I plan to purchase it within the next week or so but I was wondering if it would be possible for, when uploading a video, for you to set a thumbnail which would show up in the album view instead of the gray box with the playsign. I'd probably still have the play button over it but I don't really like the pure grey. Only a tiny problem for me, and won't stop my purchasing but it'd make a massive difference.

14. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

Yeah I do need to do something for video thumbnails. Working it out would hold up release too long though and I am undecided what to do with it. Image thumbnails also need to be chosen from the image in the future like a facebook profile pic. Currently it makes it as small as possible for the dimensions and then crops to the center, so with images with one side real long and the other short will end up with a thumb of the middle of that image, I found when testing with pics of my GF it thumb-nailed her boobs, so any time someone uploads a picture of someone where you have the camera sideways there is a good chance it will just show their boobs in the thumb-nail... definitely not good for certain websites.

Steve10 likes this.
  15. polle

polle Active Member

When this is more integrated I will buy.
    - user albums manageable by them
    - comments
    - ratings and likes
    - widgets for top images, newest or random in the sidebar

I think that's a must for a gallery and with those options for sure this will get a lot of buyers.

Good start and please add the features.

Abracadaniel, Craigr and ArnyVee like this.
  16. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

Please actually read the description. No to user albums, no to comments, yes to likes, no to ratings, sidebar options maybe. This is a SIMPLE gallery that is for webmasters. A fully featured gallery designed for user use (more like YouTube) will be created when I have time.. making it right isn't a small task.

Steve10 likes this.
  17. polle

polle Active Member

Hi Robbo, I will wait for that when you have time.

Thanks for letting us know.

ArnyVee likes this.
  18. chrisj

chrisj Active Member

As soon as pagination for albums is added I'll purchase this. I'm currently having a problem with user albums of over 200 images and some devices are getting javascript errors because of this.

Also I can't wait for being able to search images.

Is it easy to customize the route from gallery to something else?

ArnyVee likes this.
  19. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Me too ;)

ArnyVee likes this.
  20. nrep

nrep Well-Known Member

Any chance of an IPB Gallery import addon for this? :)