Simple Gallery [Paid] [Deleted]

Robbo

Robbo submitted a new resource:

Simple Gallery (version 1.0) - Simple yet powerful image and video gallery

This is the first release of Simple Gallery. which is designed as a "lite" gallery solution. It allows images or external videos (YouTube, for example) to be displayed in groups or albums. Images are added by uploading the selected image from your computer, and videos are added by simply pasting the link. A separate full-featured version with comments, ratings, nested albums, permissions per album etc will be available at a later date....

Read more about this resource...

Looks like a good competitor to xenmedio, I love that add on but dislike that you have to pay extra for each media site besides youtube. Hopefully in later additions, you add a comments system, maybe some ratings, popular media tab...

Looks like a good competitor to xenmedio, I love that add on but dislike that you have to pay extra for each media site besides youtube. Hopefully in later additions, you add a comments system, maybe some ratings, popular media tab...
A separate full-featured version with comments, ratings, nested albums, permissions per album etc will be available at a later date.
I knew this would be the first thing someone said, heh. A more feature rich version will be created at some point in the future (probably many months away). It will extend this one a lot (probably a new codebase actually, with lots of copy/pasting).

How about comment /Like /Alert system on gallery . It would be great to include tagging users system too .

For the YouTube embedding, is it using XF's Media tag or its own separate logic (like XenMedio)? If the answer is that it using XF's Media tag, which means that be extension it'll recognize any media service we add in the ACP, then that would be great for a number of reasons.

Are the images being stored in the XF attachments table or its own table (like XFR Albums)? Hopefully the attachments table.

If you want to have access to a gallery database from the old PhotoPost (or whatever it was that was integrated with vB), I have a nice database for that that I would love to get converted on over :)

How about comment /Like /Alert system on gallery . It would be great to include tagging users system too .
Please read the actual description.

For the YouTube embedding, is it using XF's Media tag or its own separate logic (like XenMedio)? If the answer is that it using XF's Media tag, which means that be extension it'll recognize any media service we add in the ACP, then that would be great for a number of reasons.

Are the images being stored in the XF attachments table or its own table (like XFR Albums)? Hopefully the attachments table.
Yes it uses XenForo's system. No it doesn't use the attachments table, that would be a design problem due to a few reasons. However it works very similar to attachments.

Commenting is a must for me as well. You could easily double the price just by adding the ability to comment and like pictures with alerts and recent activity integration (if it doesn't have it already).

Likes and recent activity should be in a future version. Other features will be in the full on feature rich version with everything you expect. This is what I call a webmasters gallery. Used to show off what the site is for (like a game) and not a user gallery where anyone can upload etc (like YouTube).

This is amazing, and I plan to purchase it within the next week or so but I was wondering if it would be possible for, when uploading a video, for you to set a thumbnail which would show up in the album view instead of the gray box with the playsign. I'd probably still have the play button over it but I don't really like the pure grey. Only a tiny problem for me, and won't stop my purchasing but it'd make a massive difference.

This is amazing, and I plan to purchase it within the next week or so but I was wondering if it would be possible for, when uploading a video, for you to set a thumbnail which would show up in the album view instead of the gray box with the playsign. I'd probably still have the play button over it but I don't really like the pure grey. Only a tiny problem for me, and won't stop my purchasing but it'd make a massive difference.
Yeah I do need to do something for video thumbnails. Working it out would hold up release too long though and I am undecided what to do with it. Image thumbnails also need to be chosen from the image in the future like a facebook profile pic. Currently it makes it as small as possible for the dimensions and then crops to the center, so with images with one side real long and the other short will end up with a thumb of the middle of that image, I found when testing with pics of my GF it thumb-nailed her boobs, so any time someone uploads a picture of someone where you have the camera sideways there is a good chance it will just show their boobs in the thumb-nail... definitely not good for certain websites.

When this is more integrated I will buy.
- user albums manageable by them
- comments
- ratings and likes
- widgets for top images, newest or random in the sidebar

I think that's a must for a gallery and with those options for sure this will get a lot of buyers.

Good start and please add the features.

- comments
- ratings and likes

I think that's a must for a gallery and with those options for sure this will get a lot of buyers.

Please actually read the description. No to user albums, no to comments, yes to likes, no to ratings, sidebar options maybe. This is a SIMPLE gallery that is for webmasters. A fully featured gallery designed for user use (more like YouTube) will be created when I have time.. making it right isn't a small task.

As soon as pagination for albums is added I'll purchase this. I'm currently having a problem with user albums of over 200 images and some devices are getting javascript errors because of this.

Also I can't wait for being able to search images.

Is it easy to customize the route from gallery to something else?

- comments
- ratings and likes

Me too ;)

Top Bottom