Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

Hi Claudio,

Yes, it is a normal thread just like this one which simply posts the information in an organized way. Here is an example of a form submitted on one of my personal forums:

http://www.otakutalk.com/threads/general-forums-ot-girls-theme-notifications.335/

As you can see it shows the field headings and then the information submitted by the user. You can also enable attachments to be posted as well if need be. Hope that helps!
Thanks for your reply

Another question:
Can I limit the buttons and bbcodes that will appear in the editor? The purpose of this is limit the ways the user has to customize his post and allow him to only fill the fields with text.

Thanks for your reply

Another question:
Can I limit the buttons and bbcodes that will appear in the editor? The purpose of this is limit the ways the user has to customize his post and allow him to only fill the fields with text.
It simply implements the WYSIWYG editor if you choose that field type. If you don't want to use that and simply want a textarea field, then you can add that type of field. But no, you cannot limit the buttons, that doesn't fall under the features of this addon.

Hi John! you won't tell when release of the following updating is planned? thanks ))
We added your feature to Simple Forms 2.1.5 which is currently in stand-by as we wait for other bug fixes to be code complete. We have a few replies we are waiting on before we can release. No ETA, but it shouldn't take too long :)

Just noticed a very minor error - on the ratings form (default) , the first option radio button is slightly cut off on the left hand side (checked in Chrome and Safari)...
Not a major issue just looks bit odd.

How do I change the text colour , font size and font weight in the destination form output....?
I have used <strong>...</strong> around a field but it just prints the HTML as opposed to making the field value bold in the destination form...

How do I change the text colour , font size and font weight in the destination form output....?
I have used <strong>...</strong> around a field but it just prints the HTML as opposed to making the field value bold in the destination form...
It depends on the destination. If you're using an email destination you need to make sure the formatting is set to HTML and then you can use HTML syntax within the template. For threads, posts and conversations...those take BBCode.

OK thanks @LP-John

Couple of things I have noticed in 2.1.4 ... not sure they are bugs (don't thinks so) but just some feedback...
When the 'Hide Empty Fields' is selected within a form destination the fields are still shown in a post (with a missing value where the field would have been).. as below...where it has included the field name 'Wenger...' and the 'out of 10' which is output as part of a ratings field.

Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 16.54.40.webp

Also, in form destinations, where it you disable a field within a form the template for the form destination still shows a blank line where that field would have been... it would be GREAT if by disabling a field the form destination field would ignore the entry completely (it would save having to delete the form destination template line and have it exactly match the enabled fields all the time...

Hope that makes sense.. cheers

Great add on(y)

OK thanks @LP-John

Couple of things I have noticed in 2.1.4 ... not sure they are bugs (don't thinks so) but just some feedback...
When the 'Hide Empty Fields' is selected within a form destination the fields are still shown in a post (with a missing value where the field would have been).. as below...where it has included the field name 'Wenger...' and the 'out of 10' which is output as part of a ratings field.

View attachment 80141

Also, in form destinations, where it you disable a field within a form the template for the form destination still shows a blank line where that field would have been... it would be GREAT if by disabling a field the form destination field would ignore the entry completely (it would save having to delete the form destination template line and have it exactly match the enabled fields all the time...

Hope that makes sense.. cheers

Great add on(y)
Actually @jayramfootball are you putting custom template code in your destinations when you check off hide empty fields? That actually disables that functionality and you'll have to put your own conditionals in order to hide fields that are empty.

Actually @jayramfootball are you putting custom template code in your destinations when you check off hide empty fields? That actually disables that functionality and you'll have to put your own conditionals in order to hide fields that are empty.

If I put nothing at all in the post template, the following is shown:

Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 17.22.48.webp

Its still showing the 2 fields I didn't rate...and for some reason the text wraps to a new line...

Code:
<xen:if is="{$fields.fieldname.value} == x">
This content will show if value is x
<xen:else />
This content will show if the value is anything but x
</xen:if>

Great, thanks for that.. I know its not part of the add on help so really appreciate the response.(y)

@LP-John i managed to get the conditionals to work based on your code - thanks.
It does seem though that regardless of whether you include the field or not based on the conditional that a blank line will be shown. There is no <br /> equivalent in bbcode so I can't even write the template as one long string with breaks inside the conditionals (i.e. only go to new line if condition is met)...
My case is likely to be a very unusual one in that I want to list all possible fields in the template and control what gets output depending on what fields I enable or disable in the field form list...

@LP-John i managed to get the conditionals to work based on your code - thanks.
It does seem though that regardless of whether you include the field or not based on the conditional that a blank line will be shown. There is no <br /> equivalent in bbcode so I can't even write the template as one long string with breaks inside the conditionals (i.e. only go to new line if condition is met)...
My case is likely to be a very unusual one in that I want to list all possible fields in the template and control what gets output depending on what fields I enable or disable in the field form list...
Can you open a ticket with more information and screenshots? It just helps us keep tabs on what needs to be done and if anything can be done about that.

Top Bottom