Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

I upgraded to Xenforo 1.2 and there is a problem with fields having an invisible UTF character at the end.

You can see this if you copy and paste any field into a url bar.

http://www.skial.com/threads/blakenator-dat-spam.44966/

The invisible character is encoded as %E2%80%8B.
We've looked into this and discovered that this is not a bug, it's actually generated by default with the "INDENT" bbcode used by XenForo. The default template we use makes use of that bbcode. If you wish to remove this invisible UTF character, simply change your templates to not use the INDENT bbcode.

So the arrows in this screenshot(The green and red ones) don't seem to do anything.

http://ss.rpdom.com/swe0

They worked only once when I had set the first one to display 10 and then pushed the green and it shot it up back to top instead of one slot up. None of the red ones seem to move anything down.

So the arrows in this screenshot(The green and red ones) don't seem to do anything.

http://ss.rpdom.com/swe0

They worked only once when I had set the first one to display 10 and then pushed the green and it shot it up back to top instead of one slot up. None of the red ones seem to move anything down.
They are funky. If you start playing around with them too much they can start to act up. I would continue to order your fields manually and use the arrows if you need a quick fix. We will revisit in a future release.

They are funky. If you start playing around with them too much they can start to act up. I would continue to order your fields manually and use the arrows if you need a quick fix. We will revisit in a future release.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have one more question. What determines the fact that the forms once submit redirect to the thread that it generates? I had set it to redirect to the forum. Unless that is the same thing.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have one more question. What determines the fact that the forms once submit redirect to the thread that it generates? I had set it to redirect to the forum. Unless that is the same thing.
When you set up your destinations, you can then select that destination as the redirect. So if you create a "New Thread" destination and that's the selected redirect...it will go to the newly created thread by the form submitter. Make sense?

@LP-John is there anything exciting coming out feature wise for Simple Forms?
We have not had too many feature requests, however we have a few things we are working on for 2.1.0:
  • Add a new date field that shows calendar on focus.
  • Conditional Fields (If FieldX = Y then show FieldZ)
  • Actions based on result of poll questions.
  • Multi-page Forms (Steps)
These are the big things we are planning, but of course it is all subject to change. No ETA on development and I cannot promise they will all make it in the release. It's all timing based. We are working on a big new project right now and focus has been shifted that way. This project has not been forgotten by any means and we are definitely maintaining development.

We have not had too many feature requests, however we have a few things we are working on for 2.1.0:
  • Add a new date field that shows calendar on focus.
  • Conditional Fields (If FieldX = Y then show FieldZ)
  • Actions based on result of poll questions.
  • Multi-page Forms (Steps)
These are the big things we are planning, but of course it is all subject to change. No ETA on development and I cannot promise they will all make it in the release. It's all timing based. We are working on a big new project right now and focus has been shifted that way. This project has not been forgotten by any means and we are definitely maintaining development.
Thanks for the reply.

In regards to the new project, is it something for xf and will it be released on here publically? Hints? please say blog/cms

Thanks for the reply.

In regards to the new project, is it something for xf and will it be released on here publically? Hints? please say blog/cms
It is a new XenForo addon and no it's not a blog/cms product. We have investigated doing that, but at the moment it's not as interesting as this.

While there are a few other plugins that do this, we don't believe there are any that do it the way we want. It's a Groups/Clubs addon. Essentially create your own groups, people join them and you have your own discussion forum. We are quire far into development, but many many months away from a public BETA.

@LP-John
Does this form offer the option to force the style on a specific form just like you have for XF node/page?
Hi Andy,

Can you clarify a little bit more with an example? I'm having a hard time envisioning what you mean. I want to be able to answer this accurately for you, my apologies.

Thanks John,
It's a worthy enhancement and it seems pretty quick to add (only judging from the other form's author response).
I was able to add form on a separate style which will fit us better since it's not designed for forum audience

Thanks John,
It's a worthy enhancement and it seems pretty quick to add (only judging from the other form's author response).
I was able to add form on a separate style which will fit us better since it's not designed for forum audience
We will look into it. We try to keep feature enhancements for specific "bigger" releases and fixes for our "smaller" releases. We don't want to set a precedence of releasing features on request immediately. Everyone will want it :).

@LP-John
Is it possible with Simple Forms to have the destination thread's prefix depend on an option in the form? For example, if I have radio buttons with choices, could the selected choice then alter the output prefix of the form. If not, an option like this would be very helpful, instead of creating a form per prefix.

@LP-John
Is it possible with Simple Forms to have the destination thread's prefix depend on an option in the form? For example, if I have radio buttons with choices, could the selected choice then alter the output prefix of the form. If not, an option like this would be very helpful, instead of creating a form per prefix.
Unfortunately not at the moment. There is no connection between fields and the prefixes. That could be a pretty complicated enhancement, so we will have to look at that in a major release.

Top Bottom