Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

Before I purchase, when a member enters my Classified Section. They go to "Post New Thread", I can enable that button to use one of my custom forms? And after they fill out the forum, it will be posted in that Classified Section as a thread?

Since I'm designating this Classified Section for FORM use, Will the "Post New Thread" button can be changed to my likings? Not sure if this something separate from your add-on or not.

Thanks in advance.
Hello Dante,

Currently it does not replace the "Post New Thread" or "Reply" buttons. We would like it too, but it's not easy with XenForo. We will be investigating this further in a future release.

Before I purchase, when a member enters my Classified Section. They go to "Post New Thread", I can enable that button to use one of my custom forms? And after they fill out the forum, it will be posted in that Classified Section as a thread?

Since I'm designating this Classified Section for FORM use, Will the "Post New Thread" button can be changed to my likings? Not sure if this something separate from your add-on or not.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Dante,

Currently it does not replace the "Post New Thread" or "Reply" buttons. We would like it too, but it's not easy with XenForo. We will be investigating this further in a future release.

What I personally do is create a link node inside the node, Classified, in your case. And have it read "Submit a Classified!" or something. I've found it works well, especially for those that don't' necessarily understand forums.

Hello Dante,

So I can't designate a specific forum to use one of my custom forms?

What I personally do is create a link node inside the node, Classified, in your case. And have it read "Submit a Classified!" or something. I've found it works well, especially for those that don't' necessarily understand forums.

Do you have an example of this? Yeah, I have to make it as user friendly as possible for my members.

Do you have an example of this? Yeah, I have to make it as user friendly as possible for my members.
5nfKO.jpg

Only Staff can see "Post New Thread". The members just see the "Apply for Server Staff Here".

Last edited:
So I can't designate a specific forum to use one of my custom forms?
You cannot designate a form to a forum. What you can do, as Eoj has suggested, is create a link sub-node that points to the form and then disable the "Post New Thread" button for any user group that you do not want to create their own thread without using the form.

This way they are forced to create a new thread by using the form.

You cannot designate a form to a forum. What you can do, as Eoj has suggested, is create a link sub-node that points to the form and then disable the "Post New Thread" button for any user group that you do not want to create their own thread without using the form.

This way they are forced to create a new thread by using the form.

After that member submits the form, where will it go?

@LP-John,

Very impressed with everything we have read(I wish I had known about this addon sooner).

I just have a few questions.

1. Just to confirm because it seems like the answer is yes from a screenshot but does this addon allow us to include the Rich Text Editor and its functionality in the application for one of the fields? We plan to neatly set up our application and then setup a box at the bottom to allow any neatly formatted information that the person sending the application can fill in.

The other Addon side here on the resource manager does not allow the Rich Text Editor, making it much harder for anyone to format anything.

2. Do you plan to continue to update the addon as xF continues to go up in versions? (I'd gladly pay for updates for this addon as it is very important to the concept of our site)

Hope to hear back from you soon!

@LP-John,

Very impressed with everything we have read(I wish I had known about this addon sooner).

I just have a few questions.

1. Just to confirm because it seems like the answer is yes from a screenshot but does this addon allow us to include the Rich Text Editor and its functionality in the application for one of the fields? We plan to neatly set up our application and then setup a box at the bottom to allow any neatly formatted information that the person sending the application can fill in.

The other Addon side here on the resource manager does not allow the Rich Text Editor, making it much harder for anyone to format anything.

2. Do you plan to continue to update the addon as xF continues to go up in versions? (I'd gladly pay for updates for this addon as it is very important to the concept of our site)

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Hello Wizard,

1. Yes you can setup WYSIWYG text editor fields. As many as you need.
2. We plan to maintain this addon for as long as we are in business. We plan to do a bug fix release fairly soon.

Hello Wizard,

1. Yes you can setup WYSIWYG text editor fields. As many as you need.
2. We plan to maintain this addon for as long as we are in business. We plan to do a bug fix release fairly soon.

Thanks! We have purchased it and are impressed.

Do you take custom jobs?

I upgraded to Xenforo 1.2 and there is a problem with fields having an invisible UTF character at the end.

You can see this if you copy and paste any field into a url bar.

http://www.skial.com/threads/blakenator-dat-spam.44966/

The invisible character is encoded as %E2%80%8B.
We will look into this.
Thanks! We have purchased it and are impressed.

Do you take custom jobs?
Unfortunately time is always a constraint for us. We are working on a big new addon and do not have the resources to do custom work for clients. Thanks for purchasing!

Question:

Any reason people are seeing this for some of our forms?

5sR0n.jpg

Some questions and the Submit button is missing. This is happening for some users across multiple browsers. It works for others.

Could you get more specific information and open a support ticket please? Also provide an XML export of your form (please do not post it here).

What is the best way to make a field optional?(I'm sure I'm just missing something very obvious)

What is also the best way to alter the formatting of the thread that gets generated when a form is submitted?

Last edited:
What is the best way to make a field optional?(I'm sure I'm just missing something very obvious)

What is also the best way to alter the formatting of the thread that gets generated when a form is submitted?
When creating a field under the General Options tab you can check off "Required".

When creating a destination for your form, you can use the "Template" section setup your own output for the data submitted.

Top Bottom