Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

I am looking at this addon as a potential business tool and was wondering whether it can:
1 When a user completes a form can the result be automatically emailed to myself as an Excel spreadsheet
2. Can the email of each form be laid out in a different format with styling...for example we may have an "Application" form, a "Complaints" form etc and each one needs to look differently with headings, borders, text etc

If so, sign me up today

Last edited:
Suggestion. You have an option to get the output as a conversation already. But would it be possible to add a form syntax as the conversation partner rather than having to set a fix Member ID?

e.g: If I create a new form field that says "Conversation Partner" I can link that form field to the conversation output.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Second suggestion: I want to have a form field, where the user can click in and then choose from the xenforo buil-in calendar tooltip like it's avaible in xenforo search.

Can Xenforo be made to use a form I create, say if I want to grab a user's Name, Address, etc. if they become a "Supporting Member" by upgrading their account?
Sorry, but I don't quite understand Bryan. Can you lay this out a little differently for me?

I am looking at this addon as a potential business tool and was wondering whether it can:
1 When a user completes a form can the result be automatically emailed to myself as an Excel spreadsheet
2. Can the email of each form be laid out in a different format with styling...for example we may have an "Application" form, a "Complaints" form etc and each one needs to look differently with headings, borders, text etc

If so, sign me up today
Hello,

1. You can setup form results to go to you in an email, however not in a spreadsheet in an email. All of the data stored for a form can be exported as a csv file, but the two are not packaged together.

2. The results are sent to the email in whatever format you create in the "Template" field.
Suggestion. You have an option to get the output as a conversation already. But would it be possible to add a form syntax as the conversation partner rather than having to set a fix Member ID?

e.g: If I create a new form field that says "Conversation Partner" I can link that form field to the conversation output.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Second suggestion: I want to have a form field, where the user can click in and then choose from the xenforo buil-in calendar tooltip like it's avaible in xenforo search.
Hello Kartus,

So you would like to have if conditionals applicable to the conversation recipient? That way you can choose who it goes to based off the selected field, correct? It's something we have definitely talked about.

For this one, you would like a date field correct that uses the calendar functionality?

Sorry, but I don't quite understand Bryan. Can you lay this out a little differently for me?

If a user becomes a Supporting Member or subscribes to the website via the Account Upgrade option, can they be presented with a form to fill out their information such as address, city, state, zip, etc?

Hello Kartus,

So you would like to have if conditionals applicable to the conversation recipient? That way you can choose who it goes to based off the selected field, correct? It's something we have definitely talked about.

For this one, you would like a date field correct that uses the calendar functionality?
Yes and yes :)

If a user becomes a Supporting Member or subscribes to the website via the Account Upgrade option, can they be presented with a form to fill out their information such as address, city, state, zip, etc?
Hi Bryan,

You can do this by creating a form that is only accessible to "Supporting Members". Then when they become supporting members, just show a notice pointing them to the form to fill out. They can then fill out for you.

You can also then set that notice to show only if they have not filled out that form, so it goes away automatically. Hope that helps.
Yes and yes :)
We will look into this for a future release, but not anytime soon. We are working on our next product.

Question, when setting a time period, if we select an end date, it ends the day before that date?

Example, I made a form available from 1/1/14 to 1/12/14 but it stopped accepting responses 1/11/14, wouldn't it make more sense for it to stop accepting responses the day we set the actual end to be?

Question, when setting a time period, if we select an end date, it ends the day before that date?

Example, I made a form available from 1/1/14 to 1/12/14 but it stopped accepting responses 1/11/14, wouldn't it make more sense for it to stop accepting responses the day we set the actual end to be?
Wouldn't that be correct? It stops accepting responses as soon as it hits 1/12/14? Which means there wouldn't be any time for someone to submit a form submission.

Wouldn't that be correct? It stops accepting responses as soon as it hits 1/12/14? Which means there wouldn't be any time for someone to submit a form submission.
I suppose, but usually when I set dates, I think start date and end date. So it would stop accepting responses 11:59:59PM on 1/12/14.

I suppose, but usually when I set dates, I think start date and end date. So it would stop accepting responses 11:59:59PM on 1/12/14.
I see, well since this is the first time we are hearing of this, my suggestion would be to set your dates for the day after going forward. If we have more complaints from our license holders about this, we will be sure to change it.

I also would have thought that the end date is inclusive of that day as Eoj is saying...just my thoughts

Can it be used for creating bug tracking?

1) Form have option to choose thread prefix and it assign to thread when it automatically created?
2) Form creates thread with all data of it.

Can it be used for creating bug tracking?

1) Form have option to choose thread prefix and it assign to thread when it automatically created?
2) Form creates thread with all data of it.
Sure, but you cannot have the form set prefixes for the threads. You can use the forms to create threads in the correct node and use the default XenForo prefix functionality to give the bug report a default prefix.

you mean form will be part of new tread functional? or you mean i have to assign thread prefix later manually after it created by form? or what you mean ;-) ?

you mean form will be part of new tread functional? or you mean i have to assign thread prefix later manually after it created by form? or what you mean ;-) ?
The form system uses the new thread functionality. It also uses all of the default functionality of XenForo. If you want your bug reports to have a default prefix of "Pending", simply set that node to have a default prefix of "Pending". Then you will have to adjust the threads manually.

well it not convenient, seems i have to create form for every prefix? ))
There is no connection currently between form fields and prefixes. So yes, if your using prefixes to categorize reports, then you would need a form per prefix.

Hi, I created a new form but after a few minutes I wanted to change the redirection URL to something else but I couldn't do it due to a PHP error:

Missing locale file '/home/site/public_html/library/Zend/Locale/Data/es.xml' for 'es' locale.
  1. Zend_Date->_calculate() in Zend/Date.php at line 1078
  2. Zend_Date->set() in Zend/Date.php at line 197
  3. Zend_Date->__construct() in LiquidPro/SimpleForms/ControllerAdmin/Form.php at line 348
  4. LiquidPro_SimpleForms_ControllerAdmin_Form->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/site/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Any ideas?

Top Bottom