Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

As an update on using simple forms - by querying all the data that gets read back into the database, I was able to build a cron job to get the latest inputs and a page to display all the results back. Pretty awesome that my members have these forms to use for all our post match player ratings.(y) A 2 month development of my site turned into a couple of days thanks to this add on (and some help from Jake of course!)

One quick question - in terms of the data being written back to a thread, is it possible to use an HTML template for that, or is it raw text only? Maybe something in 1.2?

As an update on using simple forms - by querying all the data that gets read back into the database, I was able to build a cron job to get the latest inputs and a page to display all the results back. Pretty awesome that my members have these forms to use for all our post match player ratings.(y) A 2 month development of my site turned into a couple of days thanks to this add on (and some help from Jake of course!)

One quick question - in terms of the data being written back to a thread, is it possible to use an HTML template for that, or is it raw text only? Maybe something in 1.2?
I'll ping Andrew to maybe talk on this more, but the way the template works as far as I'm aware is that it supports HTML only as far the output option allows. So if this is a new thread post then it would only support as much as the WYSIWYG editor would allow. How much HTML support would you need?

I'll ping Andrew to maybe talk on this more, but the way the template works as far as I'm aware is that it supports HTML only as far the output option allows. So if this is a new thread post then it would only support as much as the WYSIWYG editor would allow. How much HTML support would you need?

I wanted to output a table containing images (for players), that are held in one of my directories and the scores entered by the user for the specific form(game)... pretty much what i do now in terms of text, but just in a table and calling some other reference data.

something like, but more simple, to my overall output page that shows averages of all scores... http://arsenaltalk.net/pages/ratingsummary/

I wanted to output a table containing images (for players), that are held in one of my directories and the scores entered by the user for the specific form(game)... pretty much what i do now in terms of text, but just in a table and calling some other reference data.

something like, but more simple, to my overall output page that shows averages of all scores... http://arsenaltalk.net/pages/ratingsummary/
I don't believe that TinyMCE supports tables, but I could be wrong. Have you tried it regardless?

I don't believe that TinyMCE supports tables, but I could be wrong. Have you tried it regardless?

Haven't tried it yet - i suspect the user would need HTML rights to post it, and i don't want to allow that.
I will give it a go and let you know what happens!

Haven't tried it yet - i suspect the user would need HTML rights to post it, and i don't want to allow that.
I will give it a go and let you know what happens!
Sounds good, I talked to Andrew and he doesn't believe it would be possible. However, if you're able to do it please let us know.

A question. Can i use simple form to use it in the wiki from 8wayrun? the template to fill in isnt friendly enough for a simple user. If i can use SF for this, i buy it right away even though its no 2.0 ;)

A question. Can i use simple form to use it in the wiki from 8wayrun? the template to fill in isnt friendly enough for a simple user. If i can use SF for this, i buy it right away even though its no 2.0 ;)
Any connection with third-party addons would need to be developed in. It doesn't support this out of the box, but the addon is extendable if you purchase the plus/pro license. We've developed the addon to be as friendly as possible for developers.

Hello, I am currently using this addon on my clan site and it works very well.

I was about to purchase another licence for another site I run, but for use on this other site, this forms mod is missing one piece of functionality that I needed that I believe would be useful for other clients.

Would it be possible to display a list of Thread Prefixes after you have entered a destination forum id?

I wanted to use the forms for reporting bugs but I can't as the user would not be able to specify a thread prefix.

Reactions: DRE
John is it possible to use a form value in the title of a thread destination? One of the forms we're using on our site will be for submitting information to a multiple games by one developer, and it will be easier to deal with if we can separate by game.

Pulled an idiot and forgot that it was already capable of doing this :x.

Hello, I am currently using this addon on my clan site and it works very well.

I was about to purchase another licence for another site I run, but for use on this other site, this forms mod is missing one piece of functionality that I needed that I believe would be useful for other clients.

Would it be possible to display a list of Thread Prefixes after you have entered a destination forum id?

I wanted to use the forms for reporting bugs but I can't as the user would not be able to specify a thread prefix.
Hello,

Sorry this is not possible with the current functionality. You can of course extend the addon further with development, but this is not out of the box functionality.

Just purchased this add-on, it's very nice. Is there a way to disable the link it adds to the navigation bar at the top of the website? Unless I'm blind, I didn't see any option for it.

Just purchased this add-on, it's very nice. Is there a way to disable the link it adds to the navigation bar at the top of the website? Unless I'm blind, I didn't see any option for it.
Just don't give usergroups permission to see the form list.

Top Bottom