Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

No, development is currently on hold until we get some solid answers from XenForo in terms of their development and future. We are still supporting our product of course and will for as long as XenForo lives :). However, it's a bit difficult to maintain development since sales have slowed down due to XenForo's lack of updates. We have put some work on SF 2.0 and will continue after 1.2 is released.

John,

Can the form fields of this be output to an XF page node, instead of thread or PC?

I was thinking about using this for an honor roll on a site, allowing members to submit specific data that is then output to a static XF page node.

John,

Can the form fields of this be output to an XF page node, instead of thread or PC?

I was thinking about using this for an honor roll on a site, allowing members to submit specific data that is then output to a static XF page node.
Hi Anthony,

Currently this is not an option, but you can of course extend the addon with further development to do this. We've made this addon as development friendly as possible if you own the plus/pro license.

I have some questions if I may...

1) Does the data that gets written back create a new table in the xf database - or would I need to create a new table?
2) Is it a separate table per form?
3) Does the xf user_id/name get written back with the form data to the database?
4) Does the title the form get written back as a data field to the database?

Many thanks...

I went ahead an purchased....

At the moment when a user does not select a value from a drop down list the following error occurs
Undefined index:
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in LiquidPro/SimpleForms/Destination/Abstract.php at line 38
  2. LiquidPro_SimpleForms_Destination_Abstract->__construct() in LiquidPro/SimpleForms/DataWriter/Response.php at line 114
  3. LiquidPro_SimpleForms_DataWriter_Response->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  4. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in LiquidPro/SimpleForms/ControllerPublic/Form.php at line 158
  5. LiquidPro_SimpleForms_ControllerPublic_Form->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/arsenalt/public_html/index.php at line 13

Can you advise please?

I have some questions if I may...

1) Does the data that gets written back create a new table in the xf database - or would I need to create a new table?
2) Is it a separate table per form?
3) Does the xf user_id/name get written back with the form data to the database?
4) Does the title the form get written back as a data field to the database?

Many thanks...

To answer my own questions in case anyone is interested:

1) data gets written back to the xf database
2) a series of tables are created but all form entries go into one table with the necessary ID's to identify which responses are linked to which forms
3) yes it does
4) yes, form_id and form_title gets written back

Reactions: DRE
If Support is handled elsewhere ... a link to that location in the first post could direct people there.
There are four links to liquidpro.net on the resource post. Not to mention you need to purchase from our site to even obtain the addon...

Not quite sure what else can be done.

There are four links to liquidpro.net on the resource post. Not to mention you need to purchase from our site to even obtain the addon...

Yeah - my bad. If you purchase it is clear where you need to raise a ticket. (y)

Add a fifth like this.
supportIcon.png
Problems ? Need Support ? Please open a ticket here. Support is not provided at Xenforo.com

I am thinking how to avoid people asking for support here when this isn't where you want it.
I don't know why jayramfootball assumed support would be given here.
I'm just suggesting a way to make it obvious for Simple Forms users.

One quick question which I think is right for here reading through the posts.

Can i post the form title in the post template? If so, what code do i use..

I tried {$fields.form_id.title}

One quick question which I think is right for here reading through the posts.

Can i post the form title in the post template? If so, what code do i use..

I tried {$fields.form_id.title}
Hmm...I don't believe we made a variable for the title of the form. Seems silly that we didn't, but I will ask Andrew about it and see if it's possible. His schedule is very busy so hopefully he can respond to your other issue quickly. For myself I have just been manually putting in the title.

Hmm...I don't believe we made a variable for the title of the form. Seems silly that we didn't, but I will ask Andrew about it and see if it's possible. His schedule is very busy so hopefully he can respond to your other issue quickly. For myself I have just been manually putting in the title.

Yeah - you can also add a field with the title you want as a default value, with the only option in a drop down being the same and make the field mandatory - works fine but just a bit clunky...

cheers

excellent add on by the way - I am going to use it allow player ratings for each match on my forum, then query the database to put up a results page.

Yeah - you can also add a field with the title you want as a default value, with the only option in a drop down being the same and make the field mandatory - works fine but just a bit clunky...

cheers

excellent add on by the way - I am going to use it allow player ratings for each match on my forum, then query the database to put up a results page.
Glad you enjoy it. We hope Simple Forms 2 will be that much better for you. As soon as development on XenForo returns to normal :)

As soon as development on XenForo returns to normal
It sounds like an excuse to procrastinate more. :p I wish you ignore what is happening because kind of irrelevant when we are talking about an existing product, that XF is not going to disappear, and your priority should be to satisfy the existing/new customers whatever the situation. Just saying. Don't be mad. :D

It sounds like an excuse to procrastinate more. :p I wish you ignore what is happening because kind of irrelevant when we are talking about an existing product, that XF is not going to disappear, and your priority should be to satisfy the existing/new customers whatever the situation. Just saying. Don't be mad. :D
Commercial add-on developers and designers haven't made much off of their work due to the issues facing XenForo currently; when you do things for money, it doesn't make sense to spend more time on something when you get almost no sales.

Top Bottom