Simple as Apple Pie ... lol

CTXMedia

Much as I've hovered around the off-topic forum for months, I finally got around to installing and setting up GeeksChat.net last night, and I've got to say - wow - what a great ACP (Admin Control Panel) and what a refreshing change to be able to get stuck in with changes and put them into effect quickly.

In a few short hours (and with no previous experience of XF's ACP or template/file system) I've managed to install a skin (thanks Erik), change the default editor icons for some different ones, add new smilies, add new forum-read icons, placed my Google ads where I want them, add a site logo, and set-up user/moderator permissions and open my forums.

Fantastic. Well done chaps - keep up the good work. (y)

Oh, and did I mention the site name was GeeksChat.net? (lol) :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Yes, it's really simple.
I have only extrem big problems with the permissions.
As a hardcore vBulletin user with some learning troubles, it's really hard to understand how's the new system working:D

I've spent weeks configuring the permissions, but they are still not as they should be:(

Yes, it's really simple.
I have only extrem big problems with the permissions.
As a hardcore vBulletin user with some learning troubles, it's really hard to understand how's the new system working:D

I've spent weeks configuring the permissions, but they are still not as they should be:(

They seem pretty straight forward to me, but then if you have complex requirements there may not be the options to cover what your need?

Actually, I did have one question regarding the permissions myself - does anyone know what the "Revoke" column does?

Cheers,

http://xenforo.com/help/permissions/

It's used for node permissions, to remove an Allow which has been set elsewhere.

I see, so for example, if you don't want regular members to ever access a feature - regardless of any other group memberships - you set the option to never.

But if you've got a regular group who can't access it, but a subscription group who can, you set it to revoke for the regular group so that the additional subscription membership can overwrite the permission once they've paid-up.

Have I got that right?

Cheers,

I shall endeavour to hunt it down and kill it. :cautious:
Code:
.node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
background-image: url(styles/flexile/xenforo/widgets/forum-unread.png);
background-color: #1061B3;
}

It's the background colour set for the class.
Remove that or set it to transparent.

[Sorry Paul, missed your post - was fiddling with the templates - but yes, you had it nailed. Clever clogs!! :) ].

Unread ... I'd removed the background element for read forums, but not unread.

Thanks Peggy ... (y)

Top Bottom