Similar Threads

Similar Threads 5.3

No permission to download
usergroup permissions?

Great addon, but i can't get permissions to work. I have enabled Show Create Thread, but set permissions while testing so only I (admin usergroup) will see the similar threads.

However all members in the registered group are seeing similar threads when creating a thread, though Registered usergroup have permissions set to "not set /no" and analyze permissions shows them as no.

Can anyone help please?

Does this only search thread titles, or thread/post content as well? If both, does it give priority to words in the title?

What would be great if certain words could be whitelisted.

For example an important search term on my forum is ppt, however that means I need to have Minimum Common Word Length = 3

I would like to set it to a word length of 4, but allow that one three letter word, and a few others.

Please, please please would this be possible?

Great job, Andy and hello from Germany,

first have a good New Year 2015 and thanks for your good work. We are new to you and Xf. So we are testing some styles, also the Silicon style of ******* on our new platform.

This style has an issue with the similar thread:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/*******-silicon.3665/

When users making a news thread the editor window is lost or hidden under the shown similar threads!

Can and will you fix this issue? Other sytles, even the default style is working fine!

Thanks!

Greetings

Klaus

Thread is TL,DR (scanned it quickly, didn't see an answer) but had a quick question--how much of a load does it put on the database? I've had to uninstall a couple of add-ons due to queries which were bogging down our database (one of which had a LEFT JOIN that created a lot of queued queries). I may use this on some of our less busy forums but I'm concerned enough to ask before installing it on the big boards. 1500+ online can really hammer the resources. ;)

No replies from the developer. Is this even supported anymore? I have to know since we've been burned too many times with abandoned addons.

Hi,
Could you support to replace the Exclude Forums in Options page by the list of forums/sub-forums so that users can easily choose where Similar Threads can be applied ?
If you remain the function of Exclude Forum, users have to manually get forum ID one by one to fill in --> this will take so much time.

Thanks,
Ngan.

Hi there,

ist is possible to add the similar post above the first post in a thread an not between the first an second post? or at the end of the thread? Under the reply Box?

Top Bottom