Similar Threads

Similar Threads 5.3

No permission to download
Ok Andy, I changed over to your one... the minimalist view with responsive sucks still, yes, 4.1. The table columns don't disappear / fold under neatly, unlike the normal view with responsive, which works well.

As I'm not very clever I can't seem to install the plugin. I've unzipped it locally on my laptop and am selecting the .xml file locally. I get the following error

Callback Andy_SimilarThreads_Listener::Thread is invalid (Invalid Class).

Do I need to copy it up to my server and install from there? Thanks

Could you also fetch the message from xf_post for each thread in next Update?

I would like to show a short preview of each thread.

Reactions: rdn
Unfortunately this plugin doesn't work with UI.X styles as far as I can tell (haven't dug around yet)

It does I have been running it for a long time. Works flawless.

Really? I must be going through a thick phase. Did you do anything special? Rebuild any caches? I enabled it, set it for variations of create thread and/or below quick reply. I only want it for quick reply. Nothing shows up.

I'm using the Rekt theme (uix based)

Nope just installed it. Make sure to check your permissions for yourself, guests, and members, this is maybe the part that you are missing.

This add-on makes use of template modifications. Your style probably has altered some templates that this add-on attempts to modify in order to insert the similar threads.

Nope just installed it. Make sure to check your permissions for yourself, guests, and members, this is maybe the part that you are missing.

Yep. Thick phase it was. Permissions was the issue. Seem to work flawlessly but have had to restrict to parent forum as it has a noticeable hit on performance. Hoping @AndyB can look into caching some resultsets in future.

Yep, I wouldn't recommend this add-on for big boards because it isn't resource efficient. See this post: Similar Threads

There is a huge performance hit. I have talked with Andy about this in the past however he said, unfortunately, that page loading times are the only thing that matters for him (regardless of the resources used).

Last edited:
There is a problem with the option "Show Create Thread" on XenForo 1.3 and Similiar Threads. When I write the thread title, something weird is happening:

View attachment 69231

I found the reason for this bug. It seems, that your plugin don't like route filters. For our board I changed the most routes to German ones.

In this case the reason is this route filter:
Find Route: forums/{Forenname}/create-thread
Replace With: foren/{Forenname}/thema-erstellen

It would be great if you could create a fix for this :) I love this addon and I would like to activate it.

It seems that in the Similar Threads javascript, the route is static (compare screenshot), which breaks the script when a Route Filter is used.

Unbenannt-2.webp

Any idea why the addon so a long calculation time required ;)
The forum in which it is used has about 2000 Forums!

The problem has been fixed!
The Addon works fine with over 7 Millions Posts.

Last edited:
Hi Andy, how can I make the font bigger?
From this..

upload_2015-8-5_22-10-37.webp

to this..

upload_2015-8-5_22-11-7.webp

or maybe like this...

upload_2015-8-5_22-28-7.webpupload_2015-8-5_22-28-7.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom