Similar Threads

Similar Threads 5.3

No permission to download
Hmmm, would it not be better to also exclude those forums from showing similar threads if we are excluding them from appearing in the results?

AndyB updated Similar Threads with a new update entry:

See description.

In v2.5 I added the code to exclude forums and if a member is creating a thread that worked well. Unfortunately I overlooked removing the similar thread results while viewing a thread.

Now in Similar Threads v2.6 if one or more forums are excluded, similar threads will not be shown either while creating a thread or viewing a thread.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is this permission based because after installing it, I don't see jack, not even in my default xenforo skin.

Is there a way to place the field anywhere on the page? What i mean is, will it work if i place the "search field" on another page?

Great Addon! Set it up on my site!

@AndyB - It'd be fantastic if you could let us choose the tables columns to be displayed in the box. For example, you could offer checkboxes:-

Display Following Fields In The Similar Threads Box:-

Thread Starter Icon: []
Forum: []
Creation Date: []
Number Of Views: []
Number Of Replies []
Number Of Likes (total): []

and maybe a few more. That'd make it incredibly useful :)

Last edited:
It's not showing for me anymore after installing the latest update. I upgraded by uploading the files directly to the server and its still not showing.

There is a problem with the option "Show Create Thread" on XenForo 1.3 and Similiar Threads. When I write the thread title, something weird is happening:

sim.webp

This is working for me on the creation of a new thread but don't see any threads beneath Quick Reply - just the header. It's the same on the default skin. Any ideas how to fix?

upload_2014-3-19_20-35-2.webp

Attachments

• upload_2014-3-19_20-34-3.webp
    upload_2014-3-19_20-34-3.webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 7
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_split() in /home/jj/public_html/community/library/Andy/SimilarThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php on line 75

I am getting this error. Any idea?

Hi Andy,

great mod, but is it possible to get this also with usergroup permissions? I want to display similar threads only to guests. When they are visiting after coming to my site from a google search, this can improve their time on my forum if they see similar threads after they had read the thread. But it will be mostly useless for my regular users, so I don't want to bother them with extra information :)

I am getting this error. Any idea?

I have the same error after installing. Some extra information from the server error log. (Running XF 1.3)

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function mb_split() - library/Andy/SimilarThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:75
Generated By: Unknown Account, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(70) "http://ask_for_url/threads/lampen-trekken-accu-leeg.203883/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Top Bottom