Similar Threads

Similar Threads 5.3

No permission to download
I'm occasionally showing similar errors in my logs:

No controller response from Andy_SimilarThreads_ControllerPublic_Abstract::actionIndex - library/XenForo/FrontController.php:455

This appears to be resolved with v1.5

Last edited:
AndyB updated Similar Threads with a new update entry:

Version 1.5 fixes an issue if Show Create Thread is unchecked in the options. This effected those that didn't want to display a similar threads results when a user is creating a thread. In this situation error messages were being logged in the server error log.

please add check on the permissions, and that the user sees names of the closed threads, and also will be coolly if in the closed threads it is possible to disconnect display of similar threads

please add check on the permissions, and that the user sees names of the closed threads, and also will be coolly if in the closed threads it is possible to disconnect display of similar threads

Permission are checked and as long as the user has view permission the similar thread will be listed in the results. Closing a thread does not remove viewing permission, it only prevents further posting.

I probably incorrectly explained that I want. There is a soft-deleted thread and it is shown in the block similar. How to avoid it? And for some posts I in general would exclude block display. But for this purpose there is no functionality, checkbox at least any at creation or editing of the first post.

Just upgraded 1.5 to 1.6 and getting "page not found" error when creating a new thread instead of list of similar threads.
Show Below Quick Reply list works fine thought.

Sorry I made a mistake. The original v1.6 was missing the similarthreads.js file. Thankfully the mistake was caught a few minutes later.

Please upload the new version of v1.6.

Last edited:
would be possible to create a cache for each topic??

depending on the volume of data and number of users increasing the cpu gets to be worrying

Great plugin, thanks a lot!

One of my Members has asked if the thread suggestion could be added in the search box in the top right corner.

What do you think? :)

Great plugin, thanks a lot!

One of my Members has asked if the thread suggestion could be added in the search box in the top right corner.

The Search Box is already doing the same thing, it's providing a list based on keywords.

The Search Box is already doing the same thing, it's providing a list based on keywords.

Didn't know that, thanks :)

How about this feature:
  • Option to exclude some categories from showing in similar threads
  • Option to show similar threads from the same category the Member is seeing right now only

Didn't know that, thanks :)

How about this feature:
  • Option to exclude some categories from showing in similar threads
  • Option to show similar threads from the same category the Member is seeing right now only

The first suggestion would be a difficult feature to add.

The second suggestion is already an Option in the Admin Options, it's called "Show Results From Same Forum".

Top Bottom