Similar Threads

Similar Threads 5.3

No permission to download
I'm not sure he meant ranking by uniqueness? Perhaps I misunderstand, but my take on what he asked is that if a user entered "fred bear forest", then the add-on would first show post(s) that contained all 3 words, then post(s) that contained 2 of the words, then post(s) that contained one of the words. That would give relevancy at the top, and depending upon your community would only show posts with all 3 words, giving highly relevant results. My $0.02c worth :)
exactly what i meant. thank you for the example.

Thank you for this example. I like this logic very much. Hopefully it's not too difficult to code.
excellent :)

How is this different than this other addon other than the common words ?

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/show-similar-threads-on-thread-creation.2050/

I have not purchased or used that add-on so I don't know how it functions.

How this add-on works:
  • When a user is creating a new thread and types in a new thread title, a similar threads list is displayed. As many as three search words will be used to find the most relevant results. Matches will occur on one, two or all three search words that match existing thread titles.
  • When a user is viewing a thread, the similar threads list is displayed below the quick reply. The same intelligent search logic is used as described in creating a new thread.

Last edited:
Andy what you think about this similar threads location (some CSS changes are made and should be better for that location).
Similar threads appear only after first post of each thread liking blog structure

Schermata 2013-10-19 alle 10.32.26.webp

By the way, I change the css to display it align and full width:
Code:
.similarThreads {
margin: 0px 0px 0px 30px;
padding: 0px 15px 5px 15px;
}
to
Code:
.similarThreads {
padding: 0px 15px 5px 15px;
}

I thought I read you could set that you only wanted to search for common threads in the same forum (if you wanted to).

Is that possible? By the way... I love this add-on.

This code:
Code:
<script src="js/xenforo/similarthreads.js"></script>
Should not be loaded on forum pages without similar threads block, like forum home.

This code:
Code:
<script src="js/xenforo/similarthreads.js"></script>
Should not be loaded on forum pages without similar threads block, like forum home.

Thank you for the excellent suggestion, RoldanLT.

I have moved the code to the create_thread template via Template Modification. The new version of Similar Threads v1.4 will have this change incorporated.

I installed this fantastic mod, but it doesn't work for me.

Writing a title I get the following:

Code:
The following error occurred:

Not Found

The requested URL /similarthreads/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

How do I put similar threads below the posts?? before the editor?

Use the Template Modification:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Template Modification -> Similar Threads -> thread_view

In v1.4 the following code is changed:

Replace:
Code:
$0
<xen:include template="andy_similarthreads_below_quick_reply" />

Change to

Replace:
Code:
<xen:include template="andy_similarthreads_below_quick_reply" />
$0

Last edited:
Top Bottom