Similar Threads

Similar Threads 5.3

No permission to download
Andy...Once again, amazing addon! I'll need to make another donation to you, simply too good.

One thought, on mobile, they probably won't see the similar threads section because once they move down to compose the thread, the similar threads stuff is above the fold and they probably won't see it. Is there a solution to this?

Hello,

This addon is great, however it doesn't seem like it is tailored for large boards.
Our site has around 8 million posts and a lot of threads. Runs off a 8-core server with 16GB ram.
We have about 5 to 10 page views per second in average, most of which are thread views.

If I enable the add-on and especially the option to display similar threads on the thread view, the entire server gets clogged instantly. The mysql process runs at 800% CPU (which means 100% CPU usage on each core). The addon itself does work fine, and honestly it looks great, I'd love to be able to use all of it but it doesn't seem like it's possible.

I have it enabled only on the thread creation screen for now, since we don't have new threads every second (nor every minute far from it) it's acceptable.

If anyone has any recommendations that could help - thanks in advance.

Hello,

This addon is great, however it doesn't seem like it is tailored for large boards.
Our site has around 8 million posts and a lot of threads. Runs off a 8-core server with 16GB ram.
We have about 5 to 10 page views per second in average, most of which are thread views.

If I enable the add-on and especially the option to display similar threads on the thread view, the entire server gets clogged instantly. The mysql process runs at 800% CPU (which means 100% CPU usage on each core). The addon itself does work fine, and honestly it looks great, I'd love to be able to use all of it but it doesn't seem like it's possible.

I have it enabled only on the thread creation screen for now, since we don't have new threads every second (nor every minute far from it) it's acceptable.

If anyone has any recommendations that could help - thanks in advance.

Then buy this one: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/similar-threads-plus.5150/

Top Bottom