Similar threads

Similar threads [Paid] 8.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Do I have to do anything to get this to start working once installing or will it work on its own? I installed it but I don't see similar threads on existing threads. I also don't see suggested similar threads when creating a new thread. Running the latest version of XF.

How do I update to the newest version? I have 6.0 installed. Do I uninstall the old one or what?
1. Download the new version from xf2addons.com (if you have a subscription there)

2. Unzip the download

3. Using an FTP program, upload the contents of the folder to your /src/addons/Andy/SimilarThreads folder. OVERWRITE the existing files, which is usually a setting in the FTP program

4. Go to your Admin control panel in XenForo

5. Select "Addons" in the left-side menu and click on the "Addons" link in the drop-down

6. You will see a link at the top of the screen that invites you to upgrade the add-on to the new version. Click on the button and it will upgrade itself.

anyone know if the bug between this and xons multi prefix addon was ever resolved?

...the quick start thread one, where it would show 2 prefix selectors...

thank you

@AndyB After upgrading to latest version its not displaying anything.

Must be another addon its conflicting with, will get back to you.

Last edited:
Getting below errors in admin panel.

Code:
    XF\Db\InvalidQueryException: MySQL statement prepare error [1064]: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 's[[:>:]]') AND (title RLIKE '[[:<:]]Praying[[:>:]]') AND (title RLIKE '[[:<:]]Sp' at line 4 src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:228

Generated by: Unknown account Apr 18, 2020 at 9:52 AM

Stack trace

SELECT `xf_thread`.*
            FROM `xf_thread`

WHERE (title RLIKE '[[:<:]]Paul's[[:>:]]') AND (title RLIKE '[[:<:]]Praying[[:>:]]') AND (title RLIKE '[[:<:]]Spirit[[:>:]]') AND (`xf_thread`.`discussion_state` = 'visible') AND (`xf_thread`.`discussion_type` <> 'redirect') AND (`xf_thread`.`post_date` >= 0) AND (`xf_thread`.`thread_id` <> 51572) AND ((`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 3) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 69) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 39) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 4) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 13) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 17) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 79) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 14) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 15) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 38) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 48) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 9) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 32) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 37) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 33) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 7) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 25) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 26) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 27) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 6) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 19) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 20) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 41) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 8) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 28) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 64) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 23) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 21) OR (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 22))
            ORDER BY `xf_thread`.`post_date` DESC

LIMIT 10
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1064, '42000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(39): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1064, '42000')
#2 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(54): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(94): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(1338): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('
            SELECT `xf_...')
#5 src/addons/Andy/SimilarThreads/Repository/SimilarThreads.php(215): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetchRaw()
#6 src/addons/Andy/SimilarThreads/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(54): Andy\SimilarThreads\Repository\SimilarThreads->getSimilarThreads(38, 51572, 'Is Paul's  Pray...')
#7 src/addons/XenRemi/WhoReadTheDiscussion/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(19): Andy\SimilarThreads\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#8 src/addons/XDinc/FTSlider/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(10): XenRemi\WhoReadTheDiscussion\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XDinc\FTSlider\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XDinc\FTSlider\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XDinc\FTSlider\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#13 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}

This line cuts off all Cyrillic characters - /[\x{0080}-\x{FFFF}]/u
Search by names in russian topics does not work!

This line is incorrect - /[^\p{L}0-9]/
You need to add the u modifier to work correctly.
Correction to cut off extra characters when searching, when working with Cyrillic - /[^\p{L}0-9]/u

Last edited:
Is it possible to move the similar threads under the first post of a new thread instead over the reply box?

Regards.

Code:
XF\Db\InvalidQueryException: MySQL statement prepare error [1139]: Got error 'repetition-operator operand invalid' from regexp in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 217
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 39
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 54
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 1338
XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetchRaw() in src/addons/Andy/SimilarThreads/Repository/SimilarThreads.php at line 209
Andy\SimilarThreads\Repository\SimilarThreads->getSimilarThreads() in src/addons/Andy/SimilarThreads/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php at line 54
Andy\SimilarThreads\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

I running ElasticSearch 7.7.

Maybe because there a "+" charakters in the threadtitle like +++ eil +++ Sport1 HD ab 16.11.2010.

Maybe I missed it -- how do you change the number of threads that show under the quick reply? Thank you.

Top Bottom