[Tinhte] Similar Threads Check before posting (Google)

Similar Thread Check before posting using Google Custom Search 0.9.1

No permission to download

agison

Dinh Thanh submitted a new resource:

Similar Thread Check before posting using Google Custom Search (version 0.9) - Check similar threads before posting new thread using Google Custom Search Engine

This add-on help your members preview similar threads before they post a new one. Similar threads are populated by Google Custom Search.

You must have a unique Google custom search ID to use this addon. Register one at http://www.google.com.vn/cse for your site.

Installation
1. Unzip and upload all files in upload folder to your forum root.
2. Import the xml file.
3. Options/Search Options, input your
GCS Unique ID (ex:...

Read more about this resource...

I am getting an error that says 'Please enter a valid callback method' even after trying to import the 0.9.1 version.
can you please verify the add-on? thanks for this dev, it'll be very useful.

I am getting an error that says 'Please enter a valid callback method' even after trying to import the 0.9.1 version.
can you please verify the add-on? thanks for this dev, it'll be very useful.

Sorry, please download and install again. I uploaded new xml file. Don't need to re-upload php files.

Does this limit results to just XF threads? My google custom search is for my whole domain.

You can exclude sites/part of domain/url pattern by using Exclude feature of Google Custom Search. Create a new Search Engine in GCS, exclude what you want, save it, then input that GCS uniqueid into this add-on's option.

This looks great, good job! What a brilliant way to avoid load on the server.

May I suggest/request a "Similar Thread" feature for the bottom of each thread like in vB?

Dinh Thanh, thank you for this addon. It would be great to have an option to exclude some of the forums for the search to happen.

There is no template. This results are from Goolge Custom Search.
You may find these options in Google Custom Search control panel.

hmm. that's unfortunate, it seem that even creating a custom search and using that code works in the google control panel (changed links to white), but not in the plugin (links are still blue). i have a dark theme so it's really hard to read.

Can I see a demo of this ?
I was wondering how it works ... the screenshots don't really help me understand how it actually works.

Top Bottom