Signup form inside a page?

ennovations

Is there a way I can embed the signup form inside a page? I want to do this cuz I'll be using paid traffic to generate userbase & hence will be using different pages to attract different types of users. I've attached a pic below as an example. Modifying the signup form in itself will not do the job since I'll be using different texts depending upon my traffic.

login.webp

Any ideas as to what can be done?

The full registration form is in this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> register_form

You can copy the template code, but you will find that not all fields work such as profile fields and CAPTCHA. And you will find that submission errors direct you away from the page node and to the regular registration form. Custom programming is required to make this work well.

What is your criteria for the different messages? Maybe you can use a notice:

Admin CP -> Home -> List Notices

When creating / editing a notice you can set page criteria:

Page Criteria
> Content Template is: register_form

The full registration form is in this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> register_form

You can copy the template code, but you will find that not all fields work such as profile fields and CAPTCHA. And you will find that submission errors direct you away from the page node and to the regular registration form. Custom programming is required to make this work well.

What is your criteria for the different messages? Maybe you can use a notice:

Admin CP -> Home -> List Notices

When creating / editing a notice you can set page criteria:

Page Criteria
> Content Template is: register_form
Hi again, Jake!
I'm already using the notice feature on the default signup page but thats not what I'm looking for. I'm a marketer & my criteria for different messages is something I can't explain in detail but I'll tell you an example:

Suppose I'm the owner of Xenforo software. Now what I'll do is advertise on blogs/sites/forums that talk about vbulletin & then lead them to my page which explains why Xenforo is better than vBulletin & that they should sign up immediately using the form below. Similarly I can advertise on sites that talk about IPB & lead them to a page which again explains why Xenforo is better than IPB with the signup form just below. This is something I call as 'targeted traffic' which helps in improving the visits to signup ratio.

This can't be achieved using notices :)

Suggest something?

Well a page node is not a good solution.

My inclination would be to create an addon to set a flag based on the referrer or on a GET parameter. This requires custom programming. Some kind of persistent flag (such as a cookie) would make it much easier to implement custom notices like you want.

Or just link to the registration form from the page instead of inlining it.

Top Bottom