1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Signs (rel="nofollow")

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by KURTZ, Aug 11, 2010.

1. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

dunno if already posted (i'm too lazy right now - sorry xenmods :D) however i think which this must be implemented for the members' signs ... feed-backs? :p

Accreal, James, Walter and 1 other person like this.
  2. welshstew

welshstew Active Member

It should be an option to add it to all links, not just signatures and then have a whitelist.

Sushubh Mittal and KURTZ like this.
  3. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

OK, better yet ... :)

4. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Currently I believe it is added to all links by a user until they have made 10 posts then the nofollow is removed from all posts. I like this pesonally though it needs to be admin set I think Kier said it is hard coded ATM.

5. welshstew

welshstew Active Member

I'm not sure it should be post related either - otherwise your going to just get loads of one word posts just to boost to post count and get the PR leak

6. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

True but I think by post 10 you are likely to catch these users... To be honest I block all users who post single word posts like "thanks" "great" and nothing else.. Though I may send them a warning PM after 3/4 but if it got to 10+ I would probably remove them.

7. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

I would appreciate nofollow on a per usergroup base...

8. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

this will be the best option ... :)

9. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

This is a suggestion I can get behind.

10. Accreal

Accreal Member

Make it an option in admin cp.
    Add a tag to the links in the signature - "nofollow". To all links
    in signatures (except for internal links to other parts (page in the forum) have been tagged "nofollow". And just to be able to added a tag in this setting (if it is also about other search engines from which the other instead of nofollow tag.
    Another similar setting in the admin cp to do for all messages (posts) written by users
    for example: picture
    nothisis.jpg
     in admin cp.

11. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

press 'Like' onto the first post :p