Signature not resizing properly in conversations

Ryan Kent

convosig-jpg.13310

I know the cause of this issue, but not sure why it is happening or the best means to fix it.

- I am using the Flexile style. There is nothing specific to the style that is causing the issue. It's just important to note this style is not as wide as the default style, which is the reason this issue does not occur in the default style.

- Since I run a gaming site, I want to enable my members to use images in signatures, but I still need to manage those images. Banner size is fine, but I don't wish members to have huge images in sigs. I use the following code which works very well:
Code:
/* restrict the size of images in signatures */
.message .signature .bbCodeImage {
max-height: 125px;
max-width: 700px;
overflow-y: hidden !important;
overflow-x: hidden !important;
}

It seems the two overflow lines of code cause this issue. My limited understanding of CSS plus my handy link to the W3 site tells me that by setting the overflow property to hidden, any overflow should be...hidden!

The two things I do not understand here are:

1. If the signature was overflowing, the excess should be hidden. Instead it is behaving as if the overflow property was set to visible.

2. If I remove this code altogether, the signature fits in the box. Somehow using this code zooms in on the image.

Can anyone explain why the overflow statements are working in this manner in this situation?

Code:
/* restrict the size of images in signatures */
.message .signature .bbCodeImage {
max-height: 125px;
max-width: 700px;
overflow-y: hidden !important;
overflow-x: hidden !important;
}

Thank you for this, Ryan. This helped me resizing the signature images on my forums. (y)

Top Bottom