XF 2.0 Sidebar widget position on all pages without navigation sidebar

Mr Lucky

I want to have a sidebar position on all pages, but now when there is already a navigation sidebar on the left (e.g. help pages, media)

The problem is when you use public: sidebar, then you end up with page that has sidebar left and right so I would either want to exclude the public (RH) sidebar from those pages, or else have it below the side navigation.

An easy solution to this? Thanks.

There isn't a specific position that represents this. I think the primary approach to that would be to use an HTML widget which added conditions over what templates it didn't apply to (wrapping calls to other widgets).

Just to check I'm reading that right.

You can have a HTML widget that itself calls other widgets? And those widgets appear normally and not "within" the HTML widget block?

You need to set the HTML widget to "advanced mode" so it doesn't wrap the output. Then the only output is what you put in the HTML widget.

There isn't a specific position that represents this. I think the primary approach to that would be to use an HTML widget which added conditions over what templates it didn't apply to (wrapping calls to other widgets).

Sadly I thought that would be the only way.

Top Bottom