shutdown !!

macara

Hi guys,

my host had an issue with moving my site to server, this is what I get when I open the site:

Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect key file for table './macarabi_arabiforo/xf_session.MYI'; try to repair it

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/Session.php at line 814
XenForo_Session->saveSessionToSource() in XenForo/Session.php at line 532
XenForo_Session->save() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 412
XenForo_Controller->updateSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 356
XenForo_Controller->postDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 354
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/macarabi/public_html/index.php at line 13
any idea if these can be fixed from me or from the host !

Yeap, just as WSWD said.. The error "Incorrect key file for table './macarabi_arabiforo/xf_session.MYI" 99.999% indicates it's an issue with xf_session.

This is pretty common with this table after a cPanel transfer. A host that knows xenForo well normally knows to rebuild this table as part of assuring your transfer completed correctly.

Easy to do in phpmyadmin.. In the event your host don't know how to do it :cautious: shoot me a PM and I'll walk you though it..

As you said" these error comes up when transferring cPanel" I can't access to my cPanel. I will be waiting for their response and updating here.

Does it matter who the host was? Apparently it's a fairly comment cPanel -> cPanel transfer problem that is easily resolved. I wouldn't expect a host to know the quirks of every software package that is in existence that is used to run a site. That's what the support sites are for (and how it got resolved) for issues like this. Once they note it (which they should have a internal reference page to refer to) then for future transfers it would (and should) be done by them without issue.

Does it matter who the host was? Apparently it's a fairly comment cPanel -> cPanel transfer problem that is easily resolved.

Honestly, I've never had it happen a single time, and I've moved plenty of XF sites around in cPanel. Moving a site should never break a database. It shouldn't break anything. So it has to be more than just the cPanel to cPanel transfer.

The session table crashing is typically due to server issues, usually MySQL shutting down or restarting unexpectedly.

Honestly, I've never had it happen a single time, and I've moved plenty of XF sites around in cPanel. Moving a site should never break a database. It shouldn't break anything. So it has to be more than just the cPanel to cPanel transfer.

We have it happen once in a while, I'm thinking it's caused by someone with admin access still messing around in the site after the board is closed. Most common issue for us with transfering accounts though is data and internal_data reverting back to 0755.

We have it happen once in a while, I'm thinking it's caused by someone with admin access still messing around in the site after the board is closed. Most common issue for us with transfering accounts though is data and internal_data reverting back to 0755.

Interesting. Are you using the built in transfer tools in WHM, or just using a full backup/cpmove or how exactly are you doing it? That's definitely a weird one. Permissions should never be changed either. The restored permissions should be identical to the old ones.

Interesting. Are you using the built in transfer tools in WHM, or just using a full backup/cpmove or how exactly are you doing it? That's definitely a weird one. Permissions should never be changed either. The restored permissions should be identical to the old ones.

The transfer tool, Copy an Account From Another Server With an Account Password. In the event it fails then I'll create a cPanel backup and SCP it to my server to restore.

The transfer tool, Copy an Account From Another Server With an Account Password. In the event it fails then I'll create a cPanel backup and SCP it to my server to restore.

Hmmmmm. Yeah, that's definitely a weird one. Almost sounds like MySQL isn't being locked or such on the origin server prior to the transfer.

I've never had it happen either.. but then again I don't do any moves via cPanel either. SSH/SFTP for me please.
The only time I've seen that happen personally is when a server isn't shut down cleanly (loss of power).

Top Bottom