1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shutdown !!

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by macara, Jan 16, 2015.

1. macara

macara Active Member

Hi guys,

my host had an issue with moving my site to server, this is what I get when I open the site:

Code:
    Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect key file for table './macarabi_arabiforo/xf_session.MYI'; try to repair it

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
    Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/Session.php at line 814
    XenForo_Session->saveSessionToSource() in XenForo/Session.php at line 532
    XenForo_Session->save() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 412
    XenForo_Controller->updateSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 356
    XenForo_Controller->postDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 354
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/macarabi/public_html/index.php at line 13

any idea if these can be fixed from me or from the host !

2. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

REPAIR TABLE xf_session

would be a good start. See if that fixes it.

macara and The Forum Heroes like this.
  3. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Yeap, just as WSWD said.. The error "Incorrect key file for table './macarabi_arabiforo/xf_session.MYI" 99.999% indicates it's an issue with xf_session.

This is pretty common with this table after a cPanel transfer. A host that knows xenForo well normally knows to rebuild this table as part of assuring your transfer completed correctly.

macara likes this.
  4. macara

macara Active Member

The problem is that I can't login with my user, so I will let them know. thanks @WSWD and @Mike Edge

The Forum Heroes likes this.
  5. The Forum Heroes

Easy to do in phpmyadmin.. In the event your host don't know how to do it :cautious: shoot me a PM and I'll walk you though it..

macara likes this.
  6. macara

macara Active Member

As you said" these error comes up when transferring cPanel" I can't access to my cPanel. I will be waiting for their response and updating here.

7. macara

macara Active Member

it is working now thanks a lot for your help .

8. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Glad to see it's fixed. :)

macara likes this.
  9. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

You can even truncate this table instead of repairing it...

10. The Forum Heroes

Better to repair it so you don't force log-out all your members.

11. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

@macara.

Who is the host in question o_O.

12. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Does it matter who the host was? Apparently it's a fairly comment cPanel -> cPanel transfer problem that is easily resolved. I wouldn't expect a host to know the quirks of every software package that is in existence that is used to run a site. That's what the support sites are for (and how it got resolved) for issues like this. Once they note it (which they should have a internal reference page to refer to) then for future transfers it would (and should) be done by them without issue.

The Forum Heroes likes this.
  13. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Honestly, I've never had it happen a single time, and I've moved plenty of XF sites around in cPanel. Moving a site should never break a database. It shouldn't break anything. So it has to be more than just the cPanel to cPanel transfer.

14. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The session table crashing is typically due to server issues, usually MySQL shutting down or restarting unexpectedly.

15. The Forum Heroes

We have it happen once in a while, I'm thinking it's caused by someone with admin access still messing around in the site after the board is closed. Most common issue for us with transfering accounts though is data and internal_data reverting back to 0755.

16. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Interesting. Are you using the built in transfer tools in WHM, or just using a full backup/cpmove or how exactly are you doing it? That's definitely a weird one. Permissions should never be changed either. The restored permissions should be identical to the old ones.

17. The Forum Heroes

The transfer tool, Copy an Account From Another Server With an Account Password. In the event it fails then I'll create a cPanel backup and SCP it to my server to restore.

18. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm. Yeah, that's definitely a weird one. Almost sounds like MySQL isn't being locked or such on the origin server prior to the transfer.

19. macara

macara Active Member

Hey. @The Dark Wizard it is a local host in Saudi Arabia. :)

20. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

I've never had it happen either.. but then again I don't do any moves via cPanel either. SSH/SFTP for me please.
    The only time I've seen that happen personally is when a server isn't shut down cleanly (loss of power).